Electric Transmission Construction Coordinator
Company: TechServ Consulting & Training, LTD
Posted on: January 24, 2023
ID: 1076Location: INDIANADepartment: Transmission
General Summary : The Transmission Construction Coordinator will be
responsible for performing duties and assignments associated with
the construction of the Transmission lines or Transmission station
facilities. The Transmission Construction Coordinator will provide
construction site management for the station and/or line
transmission construction projects to ensure compliance with
Federal, State, Local, and Company standards, programs, drawings,
and specifications. Essential Functions:
- Responsible for coordinating contractor's duties and
assignments associated with the construction of Transmission Lines
or Transmission Station Facilities.
- Review the Client Company's Plans and Specifications for
construction prior to the start of construction and report
potential construction issues.
- Provide construction site coordination for station or line
transmission construction to provide compliance with Federal,
State, Local, and Company standards, programs, drawings, and
- Generate standard and ad-hoc progress reports on the
construction phase as necessary or requested by the client.
- Revise field drawings to agree with as-built installations
- Provide quality performance feedback on contractors, materials,
- Material Management Duties as they relate to the transmission
construction coordination, inspection, receipt, and delivery of
material and equipment to the construction site.
- Inspect and check the receipt of materials for construction
projects for shortages, timeliness, damages, and correctness.
Prepare reports for appropriate corrective actions and coordinate
delivery of materials with other construction management
- Coordinate required outages with the responsible operation
center and arrange for or accept clearances as required.
- Maintain construction oversight for OSHA compliance
requirements in accordance with the company's construction
compliance oversight program.
- Provide estimates to allow authorization of station or line
transmission construction work by contract forces, including
verification of work performed.
- Work with project management/lead as well as others within and
outside the client's company to contribute to the successful
completion of the project. This description is a general statement
of required essential functions performed on a regular and
continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must currently be eligible to work in the United States of
America without sponsorship
- High School Graduate or GED, documentation is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or Construction management and
2 years of experience in Station or Line engineering. Construction
supervision is a plus
- Or ABET-accredited associate degree in electrical or civil
engineering technology and 6 years of experience in transmission
line work or substation work. Construction supervision is a
- Or High school diploma and 8+ years of construction experience
building Electric transmission/Distribution substations and
Transmission lines. Construction supervision is a plus
- Computer literate: can efficiently utilize Microsoft Word, and
Excel to update reports and an email client to communicate with the
rest of the team.
- Willing to work long hours, in remote locations.
- Must pass a screening process (drug test, background check, and
driving record check)
- First Aid/CPR Training is a plus
- OSHA 30 Certified is a plus
- MUST be within 2 hours from the job site location Fort Wayne,
IN 46809 Employee Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance are offered
- 401K with excellent company match
- Paid Time Off (vacation and 9 company-paid holidays) Physical
- Prolonged sitting and standing are required.
- Occasional need to lift, pull, carry, and push items weighing
up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to always handle stressful situations in a calm and
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and company needs . Environmental/Working Conditions:
- Works in a routine office environment.
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
- Travel will be required 75% of the time
Keywords: TechServ Consulting & Training, LTD, Tyler , Electric Transmission Construction Coordinator, Professions , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!