CDL Transport Driver
Company: Hire Velocity
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Transport Driver drives a tanker truck (11,400 gallon capacity)
to pick up propane at the supply point (e.g. refinery, pipeline
terminal, storage facility) and deliver it to area AmeriGas
facilities. The driver will make four to five pick-ups and
deliveries per day, driving an average of 500 miles per day and
working up to 14 hours per day. Approximately 80 percent of the
driver's time is spent driving or waiting in line at the supply
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive the tanker truck to pick up propane at the refinery and
deliver to area AmeriGas facilities; approximately 45 minutes is
required to load or unload the truck.
• Attach terminal hoses to the truck connections to pump propane
into the tanker.
• Use permanent hoses attached to the filling ports or the hoses
stored in the truck to unload the tanker. The hoses stored on the
truck come in two sizes: 20 feet long, three inches in diameter;
and 19 feet long, 1 inches in diameter.
• Perform twice daily truck inspections.
• May climb ladders at some AmeriGas facilities to check gauges at
the top of the bulk tanks.
Education and Experience Required:
• 3 Years Tractor and Trailer Experience. 200,000 miles minimum
• 1 Year Tanker Experience within the last 3 years, preferred
• Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement
• Eligible for a Transportation Workers Identification Card
• No Accidents in the Previous 3 years
• No More Than One Moving Violation in the Previous 2 years
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex,
national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual
orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class
in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who
are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Tyler , CDL Transport Driver, Professions , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!