Company: BH Management Services LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At BH Management Services, we are committed to creating value.
We acquire, improve and manage apartment communities, and our
success in this endeavor is evidenced by our growth from a start-up
firm in 1993 to one of the largest multi-family management
companies in the nation. BH understands that great customer service
is what keeps residents satisfied, and that great service comes
from engaged, happy and well-trained team members. In 2018 and
2017, BH was ranked as one of FORTUNE magazine and Great Place to
Work's "Best Workplaces for Women." BH was also ranked in 2018 and
2020 as one of the "Best Workplaces for Millennials." In addition,
in 2019, BH was named to the 100 "Best Workplaces for Diversity."
We continue to recognize that we are only as strong as each
individual employee and we value our employees by providing a
strong benefit package:
- 3 Weeks of Paid Time Off
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision
- 401(k) + company match
- Birthday Paid Day Off
- BH Gives Back (Paid Volunteer Time Off)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- BH Paid Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
As a Service Technician, you're primarily responsible for assisting
in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance repairs,
apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance and construction
or rehabilitation projects for the property.Essential Job
- Uses service request system to schedule and establish
priorities with daily assistance from Community Manager and Service
- Repairs/replaces any apartment material/maintenance requests
within scope of management responsibility including but not limited
to the following areas- HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, dry
walling, interior and exterior structural, appliances, and
apartment make-readies; including exterior grounds and common areas
of the property.
- Monitors the completion of service requests while limiting
callbacks and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Complete understanding and working knowledge of the company's
policies and procedures. Assisting with ensuring that established
preventative maintenance programs are implemented, followed, and
documented per BH program guidelines.
- The ability to use independent judgement while dealing with
moderate to high levels of stress due to meeting deadlines,
- Works with the office team and Maintenance supervisor
completing move in/move out reports. Completing work per schedule,
discussing as needed any major expense before acting. Reporting to
Community Manager when completed units are read to show.
- Assist with identification and correction of hazardous
community conditions including daily touring of the property
reporting any hazards to the Community Manager and Service
Supervisor. May assist with repairing hazards.
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the maintenance team;
responding to resident requests within 24 hours and hazardous
weather problems as soon as made aware of the situation.
- Assist with inventory and ordering supplies, and may be
responsible for pick-up of supplies as-needed.
- Other duties as assigned.Required Qualifications/Skills:
- Six months to one-year general maintenance and safety
- Demonstrated knowledge of building maintenance and repair and
preventative maintenance programs, irrigation and pool systems,
large and small appliance repair
- Basic computer skills/knowledge required to perform job
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize work
- A positive, team-oriented attitude, and ability to work with a
diverse group of people and customers
- Required to provide own (industry specific) hand tools
- A valid driver's license and/or reliable transportation
requiredRegular attendance, punctuality and dependability
- Six months to one-year general knowledge/experience with all
major types of heating and air conditioning
- HVAC certification or ability to obtain
- EPA Certification in areas of Type II-domestic HVAC systems,
410A- or ability to obtain
- CPO (Certified Pool Operator) or ability to obtain
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday (work schedule may vary).
Some overtime may be required including "on-call" and/or rotating
"on-call" responsibilities as needed to meet business needs.
Physical Requirements/Environment: The physical requirements
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
This job generally operates in conditions that includes an indoor
and outdoor environment based on tasks performed. Conditions may
include: varying climate, moderate to high noise levels, vibration
into hands, chemicals, blood/body fluids, various fumes, odors,
vapors, dust, airborne particles, microbial growth, poor
ventilation, moving objects, high elevations, slippery surfaces,
carpeted, linoleum, hard surfaced floors or cement, cold
temperatures below 32 - and above 90 - Fahrenheit.
While performing the duties of this job, employees must use safety
equipment, PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and be able to
regularly sit or stand, have full range of motion with upper and
lower body, continual movement to include, but not limited to,
walking, bending, stooping, crawling, climbing stairs and ladders
up to 18" feet, building heights up to two (2) stories as tolerated
by associate, reaching above/below shoulder, crouching, kneeling,
carrying, pushing, pulling a minimum of 50 lbs., up to 100 lbs.
with assistance, repetitive hand and foot motion, and frequent use
of various equipment and small hand tools.
This position requires close visual acuity to perform an activity
such as reading, writing, viewing a computer terminal performing
physical tasks, which may include operating motor vehicles. The
ability and means to travel locally, overnight, in specific regions
or states via automobile and airplane may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Drug Free workplace. Employment is
contingent upon successful completion of a background check and
Keywords: BH Management Services LLC, Tyler , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!