Logistics Specialist I
Company: Altice USA
Posted on: May 16, 2020
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST I
Job ID: 2020-24754
Location: Tyler, TX 75701
Altice Technical Services US is a business entity within the Altice
family of companies. Altice Technical Services US is a first of its
kind national services organization capable of deploying and
implementing cutting edge video, internet and voice products and
networks to the consumer. We promote the culture of an innovative
start-up company that is intensely focused on providing the highest
level of service to our clients. Altice Technical Services is
responsible for the technical service delivery from the execution
at our head ends through to the customer premise. You have an
opportunity to be on the ground floor of something new and exciting
as we innovate and introduce services such as fiber to the home and
bring Generation Gigaspeed to life.
Under supervision of the Logistics Supervisor, responsible for
providing logistics support including picking, packing, assembly,
sorting, shipping, and receiving of orders to meet productivity and
* Unloads, receives, stores, packages, loads, and ships inventory
items (e.g. cable converter boxes, broadband modems, fiber cable,
installation kit accessories, network system hardware, telephones
and accessories for business telephony).
* Completes all necessary receiving and shipping forms and checks
them for accuracy. Tracks the movement of inventory items from the
time items arrive to the warehouse to the time they are shipped or
* Participates in periodic warehouse inventory and cycle counts by
making and verifying inventory counts as well as investigating
discrepancies. Orders, receives, stores, and maintains warehouse
* Responsible for proper vehicle operation including thorough
pre/post-trips and record keeping.
* Responsible for safe, efficient, and accurate delivery of
material the and equipment
* Receives material and equipment from suppliers, and maintains
* Issues supplies to field personnel.
* Responsible for upkeep of vehicles and warehouse facilities.
* May operate a forklift.
* May prepare damaged converters for shipping and repair.
* May assist in planning material requirements per installation
* May repair converter remotes.
* May reconfigure converters.
* Maintains converters and DCR units for Installers, Technicians,
Sales, and Retail.
* May be responsible for inputting purchase requisitions.
* May clean and screen customer premise equipment (converters and
* May operate converter test bench to ensure equipment quality
* Unloads materials received from vendors. Completes and files the
necessary receiving forms for inventory received.
* Searches for any damages in the inventory received and reports it
to leadership. Verifies the accuracy of orders received and
* Tracks inventory using bar code readers (handheld scanners).
Moves inventory and warehouse supplies received and to be shipped
between trucks and their place in the warehouse.
* Packs product kits for customer orders and bulk packaging of
single inventory items for contractors or other warehouses.
* Loads trucks and ships inventory items according to schedule.
* Uses the forklift to move inventory and maintains the forklift
usage and maintenance log according to safety protocol
* Participates in the periodic warehouse inventories and cycle
counts by counting, verifying counts, and investigating
* Transports inventory occasionally to other warehouses or to
customer locations using company vehicles.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Knowledge of basic mathematics and electronics
* Skill in using a Windows-based computer
* Ability to work independently and with others
* Ability to comply with all Company implemented safety
* Ability to use any equipment in a safe manner as it pertains to
* Skill in using small hand tools
* Ability to operate a vehicle and forklift in a safe and
* Ability to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl.
* Maintain regular attendance for hours assigned.
* Key Experiences/Achievements
* Knowledge of PC billing systems
* Essential Job Functions
* Ability to lift 50lbs
Altice Technical Services provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Altice USA, Tyler , Logistics Specialist I, Professions , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!