Patient Care Associate Med Surg
Company: UT Health Science Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Summary: -Provides direct patient care to meet the
activities of daily living needs of patients. Assists licensed
nursing personnel in performing nursing procedures. Carries out
specific nursing tasks as delegated, in a manner that ensures
patient safety, privacy, and according to standards of patient
care, standards of staff performance and physician orders. Ensures
readiness of supplies and equipment at the unit level to meet
patient needs. -Major Responsibilities / Duties / Critical
- Provides direct patient care to meet the activities of daily
living (i.e., bathing, dressing, grooming, routine hair and skin
care, feeding, exercising, toileting, transfer/ambulation,
- Demonstrates competence in the use of equipment/supplies and
technical skills required.
- Constantly aware of the safety needs of patients, employees and
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, visitors and
other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrates professional behavior.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information
and records at all times.
- Performs and reports Point of Care Testing.
- Assists with patient restraints and patient specific safety
precautions, collects and reports data related to patient
needs/emergencies and patient and family behavior.
- Provides and maintains a clean, safe environment and performs
and/or assists others to perform proper aseptic technique,
isolation procedures, and infection control measures.
- Required to maintain competency in the patient safety functions
related to their position.
- Participates and supports Hospital Performance Improvement
- Completion of Annual Mandatory Training, TB testing, and
required licensure and certifications before expiration date.
- Keep patient care areas clean and stocked.
- Accountable for the identification and reduction of unsafe
practices that could cause harm to patients.
- Responsible for acquiring working knowledge of and maintaining
ongoing understanding of required practices, procedures and
processes to meet and exceed regulatory compliance standards.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Keywords: UT Health Science Center, Tyler , Patient Care Associate Med Surg, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!