Instructional Assistant - Multiple Schools
Company: Tyler Independent School District
Posted on: November 23, 2022
711 - Instructional Assistant
REPORTS TO: Building Principal /assigned teacher
1. High School Diploma or GED;
2. Have experience related to working with students or parents;
3. Desire and ability to work with and effectively communicate with
staff, students, and parents;
4. Minimum of 48 semester hours of college credit or pass a
rigorous test to be administered by the District;
5. Keyboarding and computer proficiency.
To assist teachers in the preparation and management of classroom
activities and administrative requirements and to work under the
supervision of a classroom teacher.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Noncontractual (At-will), Clerical/Technical
Pay Grade 1
185 days, estimated 8 hours daily; Wage/Hour status: Nonexempt
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and
2. Assist with administration and scoring of objective testing
instruments or work assignments.
3. Help maintain a neat and orderly classroom.
4. Help with inventory, care, and maintenance of equipment.
5. Help the teacher keep administrative records and prepare
6. Provide orientation and assistance to the substitute teacher
when the teacher is absent.
7. Conduct instructional exercises assigned by the teacher; work
with individual students or small groups.
8. Help supervise students throughout the school day, inside and
outside the classroom. This includes lunchroom, bus, and playground
duty where applicable.
9. Keep teacher informed of special needs or problems of individual
10. Participate in staff development training programs to improve
11. Participate in faculty meetings and special events as
12. Assist with copying and assembling papers in the office, as
13. Complies with directions and instructions from supervisor and
performs other tasks and assumes such responsibilities as may be
14. Maintains positive and cooperative working relationships with
colleagues and others in the conduct of district business;
demonstrates teamwork in daily activities.
15. Is prompt and timely in completing daily tasks.
16. Meets attendance standards and complies with campus
notification procedures for absences.
17. Provides complete and accurate information in the conduct of
18. Maintains confidentiality in the conduct of district
19. Adheres to the district's safety procedures and policies.
20. Complies with district policies, as well as state and federal
laws and regulations.
21. If applicable, input, verify, or update PEIMS information as
assigned by supervisor
EQUIPMENT USED: Copier, computer, and audiovisual equipment
Mental Demands: Reading; ability to communicate effectively (verbal
and written); maintain emotional control under stress.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors: Moderate standing,
stooping, bending, and lifting.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and
responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be
required. 11/16 ABL
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $12.00 - $15.56 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Professional development assistance
* Referral program
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Tyler, TX 75701: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Tyler Independent School District, Tyler , Instructional Assistant - Multiple Schools, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!