Speech-Language Pathologist, Tyler Rehabilitation, PRN, Days
Company: UT Health Rehabilitation
Posted on: September 22, 2022
OverviewAdvancing Healthcare -Together - -The Future of
Healthcare -is -in East Texas Why UT Health - East Texas? Our
People. - -Our people truly are our greatest strength. - They make
a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. - We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other. Our Purpose. -We will build on your
experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for
your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a
difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. -Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where
you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody
is somebody here. Representing the very best in healthcare, UT
Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50
clinics across east Texas. - With nearly 7,500 employees and over
1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides
healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our
hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet
and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million
people. ResponsibilitiesPOSITION SUMMARY: The Speech-Language
Pathologist shall be responsible for providing a full range of age
appropriate physical therapy services including assessment,
treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an
interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's
qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
- Evaluates and assesses the client based on subjective and
objective information obtained through medical record review,
formal and informal test administration with appropriate analysis
and interpretation of results to develop the plan of care. -
Includes OASIS assessments at appropriate time points.
- Formulates written functional measurable goals, treatment
plans, and home programs for clients. - Identifies barriers to
desired outcomes. - Evaluates effectiveness and outcomes of care.
Plans for discharge.
- Provides treatment according to established goals on the
treatment plan and reassesses the client's functional status when
goals are met or there is a change in the client's condition. -
Informs physician and other personnel of changes in the client's
needs. - Revises plan of care as appropriate.
- Instructs/educates clients/caregivers in appropriate activities
and referral to community resources as appropriate utilizing both
verbal and written programs.
- Documents evaluations and progress in the clinical record and
maintains client records as required by the Director.
- Communicates with clients, caregivers, and all health care
professionals required to provide comprehensive interdisciplinary
- Attends Case Conferences when speech/language therapy clients
are discussed. -
- Maintains skills and knowledge through training and continuing
education to provide expected standards of care. SUPERVISION:
- None. - Reports to Director of department
QualificationsQUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS: Education:
- Master's Degree in Speech Language Pathology. Experience:
- Completion of clinical fellowship -year (CFY). Certification
- Current professional licensure in -the State of Texas.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence -by the American
Speech/Language, Hearing Association.
- Must have a current Texas driver's license. Skills:
- Ability to operate an audiometer
- Excellent human relatioins
- Supervisoryy experience
- Excellent communication skills, clinical skills, and
- Excellent direction, coordination, and evaluation of client
care BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS:
- Service -Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care
about people. -Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing
lives for the better together.
- Quality -Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless
drive to be the best. -Holistic Approach: Think and act for the
benefit of the whole.
- People -Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective
working relationships with others. -Identify and Develop Talent:
Prepare others to deliver excellence.
- Financial -Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
-Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.
- Growth -Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge
solutions. -Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going,
how to get there and why. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds or more.
- Frequent and prolonged bending, stooping, crouching, walking,
pushing, pulling, and standing.
- Must use oral communications to perform work.
- Must use written and/or verbal sources of information.
- Must be able to drive a car. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Work is performed under moderate noise conditions.
- Travel is required to make home visits.
- May be exposed to fumes and airborne particles. Now that you
have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek,
it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our
patients. - UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer
(including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Keywords: UT Health Rehabilitation, Tyler , Speech-Language Pathologist, Tyler Rehabilitation, PRN, Days, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!