Company: Heritage Land Bank
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Profile:Heritage Land Bank provides
innovative financing solutions other banks simply can't offer when
it comes to rural real estate, agricultural operations,
agribusinesses and country homes. Founded in 1917, Heritage Land
Bank is a member of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide network of
rural lending cooperatives. With headquarters located in Tyler,
Heritage Land Bank operates across 16 Texas counties ranging from
Dallas-Fort Worth to Lufkin. To learn more, visit
heritagelandbank.com.Education and Experience
Requirements:Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance,
Agricultural Economics, or a related field. A minimum of two (2)
years or more of experience in banking, credit, or other
agricultural lending. Excellent oral and written communication
skills are essential. Should be proficient in Microsoft Office
applications and have the ability to perform accounting/financial
analyses under moderate supervision. General knowledge of farming
and ranching along with the understanding of rural living is a
plus.Job Scope:Responsible for developing new loan business in
addition to servicing existing production agricultural and real
estate customers while applying sound credit administration
procedures in processing loan applications, analyzing records,
evaluating collateral, setting loan terms and conditions, and in
establishing overall loan workability.Essential Functions:
- Responsible for developing and marketing new business within
the service area.
- Assist prospective and current borrowers with their credit
needs and by formulating solutions to credit-related issues.
- Makes and services leases, loans for operating equipment and
real estate, and offering other related services such as cash
management products and crop insurances within delegated authority
and in accordance with association policies. Makes and/or conveys
decisions on loan approval, structure and pricing. Responsible for
exercising credit risk management responsibilities on loans within
area of responsibility.
- Makes and services loans within delegated authority and in
accordance with association policies.
- Makes and/or conveys decisions on loan approval, structure and
pricing. Responsible for exercising credit risk management
responsibilities on loans within area of responsibility.
- Originate and service loans within delegated authority and in
accordance with association policies. Make and/or convey approvals,
structure and pricing lending decisions. Exercise credit risk
management on loans under your responsibility.
- Attends public relation functions on behalf of the Association;
Participates in marketing activities of the Association including
making calls on prospects.
- Complies with proper credit administration practices as
outlined in the association's policies and procedures.
- Conducts and interprets simple to moderately complex credit
analyses. Analyzes balance sheets, income statements, and cash
flows of potential borrowers to ascertain creditworthiness.
Maintains current, adequate and verified financial information on
borrowers and guarantors as required by association policy.
- Performs loan servicing tasks, which may include partial
releases, subordinations to mineral leases and right of ways,
division orders, re-amortizations, assumptions, severance
agreements, insurance claims, additional advances, extensions and
- Ensures proper loan underwriting and structuring is achieved
through enforcement of loan policies and that they are properly
approved in accordance with loan authorities and in conjunction
with the centralized underwriting units.
- Ensures that all assigned loans are properly risk rated,
assigned loss given defaults are correct and performance status
assignments are proper.
- Performs collections on assigned loans and assists senior-level
staff and management with collections on all loans in the
portfolio. Works with delinquent borrowers to obtain satisfactory
- Perform collateral evaluations in compliance with district and
association standards and procedures. This includes comparable
sales data collection, sales research, etc.
- Manages and monitors respective loan portfolio and status of
all exceptions and past dues on business and consumer loans in
accordance with loan policy working in conjunction with reports
from the centralized underwriting units.
- May assist with the title examination process on perspective
loans to ensure validity of liens on property pledged as collateral
or security interest on chattels. Prepares loan-closing packages
and facilitates the loan closing process as required in accordance
with all applicable association and FCA policies and
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Heritage Land Bank, Tyler , Loan Officer, Other , Palestine, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!