Senior Power Systems Engineer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Eaton's Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Senior Power
System Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our
Albuquerque, NM; Chandler, AZ or El Paso, TX.
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems team offers a comprehensive
portfolio of services tailored for every stage of a power system's
life cycle-whether it's design, build, or support. Our services
integrate and optimize the elements of a power system to make sure
it's aligned with business goals. We can help keep your power
system safe, efficient, reliable, and up-to-date.
Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of power system
engineers (PSE) in the industry, with industry-standard software
and advanced modeling and analysis capabilities at their
fingertips. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to
power system analysis and design. Active participation in technical
societies such as IEEE and collaboration with a variety of
utilities and industries ensures that our engineers are
knowledgeable about today's cutting edge engineering techniques. We
assist customers at every stage of the power system: from
substation and distribution system design to renewable energy and
smart grid engineering, from safety and reliability-focused studies
to power quality and grounding related audits and analyses.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide applied
engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas
of power systems studies, power quality analysis, installation,
startup, maintenance, repair and training.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Provide applied engineering and technical consultation for
customers in the areas of power systems studies, design,
installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training.
- Self-management of assigned projects and job cost
accountability to perform work within budgeted cost estimates.
- Interpret specs and customer inquiries and design technical
proposals and pricing for customers
- Provide technical solutions to customers that may involve
equipment design or upgrades, testing of equipment, solutions
relating to increase safety, reliability, or efficiency
- Mentor or lead other engineers on medium sized projects.
- Short-Circuit, LV/MV Coordination, Arc Flash
- Ability to run medium studies and projects unassisted
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only
candidates within a 50-mile radius of Albuquerque, NM; Chandler, AZ
or El Paso, TX will be considered. Active Duty Military Service
member candidates are exempt from the geographical area
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- 5-7 years of experience
- Bachelor Degree focused in power
- PE License
- IEEE Membership
- Active in Local IEEE
- Graduated Field Service Certification Level II
- General Contractor's License
- Electrical Contractor's License
- Power Quality Measurements, Harmonic Analysis
- Basic Distribution System Design
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug
Successfully complete and maintain compliance with the company's
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
United States-Texas-El Paso, United States-Arizona-Chandler
Albuquerque NM Loc 2
ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :112653
Keywords: Eaton, Tyler , Senior Power Systems Engineer, Other , Chandler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!