Community Outreach - Tyler, TX (CHL) Program Assistant 1
Company: Northeast Texas Public Health District
Posted on: November 18, 2021
JOB ANNOUNCEMENTPOSTING PERIOD: October 12th, 2021 until
filledJOB TITLE: Program AssistantDEPARTMENT: Community Outreach -
Tyler, TX (NET Health Center for Healthy Living)SALARY: Depending
on Education and ExperienceWORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time: Monday -
Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., 40 hours weeklyGENERAL
DESCRIPTIONPerforms complex administrative support or technical
program assistance work. Work involves disseminating information,
maintaining filing systems, and performing internal administrative
support work. Works under general supervision, with moderate
latitude for the use of initiative and independent
- Assists the Department Director, Assistant Director, Program
Manager, and Project Coordinators withcompiling and submitting
- Works with Community Outreach staff to support healthy living
- Prepares and disseminates information concerning department
programs and objectives.
- Keeps record of activities involving assigned programs.
- Prepares, edits, and distributes correspondence, reports,
studies, forms, and documents.
- Maintains filing, record-keeping, and records management
- Performs general office duties such as ordering supplies,
performing basic bookkeeping work, andassisting with general human
- Responds to inquiries regarding rules, regulations, policies,
- Assists with planning and coordinating meetings, conferences,
- Participates in the planning and execution of the community
- Compiles and enters data for charts, graphs, databases,
summaries, or reports.
- Assists with answering phone calls, routing incoming calls,
taking messages, greeting visitors, anddirecting visitors to the
- May research, compose, design, or edit agency publications such
as brochures, forms, and manuals.
- May develop training materials.
- May assist with media relations as it relates to the work plan
and development of public service announcements.
- May manage and maintain schedules and travel arrangements for
managers and directors.
- May train others.
- Performs related work as assigned.Experience and
EducationExperience in administrative support work. Graduation from
a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred.
Experience and education may be substituted for one
another.Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesKnowledge of office
practices and administrative procedures. Basic knowledge of health
education. Skill in the use of standard office equipment and
software. Ability to implement administrative procedures; to
interpret rules, regulations, policies, and procedures; to
communicate effectively, and to train others.NORTHEAST TEXAS PUBLIC
HEALTH DISTRICT HUMAN RSOURCES815 NORTH BROADWAY, TYLER, TEXAS
75702 )AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERJob Type:
Full-timePay: $9.00 - $22.00 per hourSchedule:
- 8 hour shiftEducation:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One
Keywords: Northeast Texas Public Health District, Tyler , Community Outreach - Tyler, TX (CHL) Program Assistant 1, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!