Senior Project Manager
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Under the general direction of the Vice President of
Construction, this position will provide effective leadership in
promoting and articulating the mission of CHRISTUS Health.
Responsibilities include managing and directing schedules and
budgets for the assigned ministry including: hazardous materials,
capital construction and special projects; coordinate and supervise
the construction process from the conceptual development stage
through post occupancy and warranty period, in a timely and cost
effective manner; oversees the organization, planning, bidding,
scheduling, and implementation of projects; coordinate assignments
and manage people, materials and equipment, budgets, schedules and
contracts; and provide for safety of the System Associates and the
general public.The Director will be required to travel between
sites in the performance of duties as well as periodic travels to
- Manage multiple construction projects for the concurrently and
represent the assigned ministry in the interest of CHRISTUS Health
on construction projects.
- Interface with the staff, administration, project architects,
engineers and general contractors related to the initial program
development, final program development, planning.
- Assist in the development of Final Project Proposals, design,
capital submission, bidding and construction of capital projects,
hazardous materials projects, and special projects.
- Interface with each Campus’ facility planning and maintenance
department and system facility planning and compliance department
on programming, planning, construction documents, bidding,
construction, equipment bid package/acquisition/installation and
post construction issue management.
- Participate in the development of contract specifications, as
well as managing construction contracts and other professional
service contracts for assigned ministry as directed by the Vice
- Act as the assigned ministry contact on construction projects
and orchestrate processes and procedures on all job sites, ensure
that project budget expenditures remain, within budget allocation,
phase and schedule requirements, and provide the project team with
the necessary resources to complete the project.
- Assist in the development of project programs; evaluate and
recommend various construction and delivery methods in the
construction and/or renovation of existing buildings; assist in the
development of the planning and scheduling of construction
projects; prepare detailed construction budget estimates and
schedules; implement System policy and procedures; oversee the
performance of all contractors; ensure that all work is completed
according to construction plans, specifications and schedule; and
establish and maintain project files.
- Direct and monitor the progress of construction projects; track
the delivery of the construction product: participate in all
construction meetings; provide direction in the implementation of
the construction contract; and direct and monitor compliance with
building and safety codes and all regulations.
- Review engineering and architectural drawings and
specifications for accuracy and completeness; monitor progress and
ensure compliance with plans, specifications and schedules; track
and control construction costs against the project budget: process
Requests for Information and Change Orders: maintain meeting notes;
participate in claims reviews; and may prepare periodic reports of
progress and project status.
- Meet regularly with staff, contractors, architects, and others
to monitor and coordinate all phases of the construction
- Plan, direct, review, and implement the activities, operations,
and programs of System construction project.
- Implement, oversee, and participate in the development of the
programs work plans; implement work activities, projects, and
programs; monitor project workflow; review and evaluate project
status, compliance with document, methods and procedures.
- Track, analyze, audit and report construction project change
orders, RFP’s, CCD’s, pay requests for all projects assigned.
- Prepare a variety of reports, including program activity
reports and financial reports.
- Invite and solicit for professional services through the
Request for Qualification process
- Integrate with Facility Management team to create a system
network for all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of additional, extensive
experience in the building design and construction industry.
- Equivalent: six (6) years of extensive experience in the
building design and construction industry and two years of project
- Six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in the
area of architecture and/or project management related to project
development and construction.
- 4 years of hospital experience in facility management or
hospital operations with general knowledge and application of
PCRA/ICRA, ILSM and Joint Commission.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Texas Health and Human Services &
Louisiana Health and Human Services Regulations, New Mexico
Department of Health and other pertinent laws relating to
construction in the applicable market.
- Proficiency with software in Microsoft Excel, Project, and Word
and usage in electronic mail.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid applicable state
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability
backgrounds of CHRISTUS Health employees.
- Proficiency with Blue beam and Project Management
- Experience in the design or construction of healthcare
- Organizational and management practices related to the analysis
and evaluation of construction projects, project programs,
policies, and operational needs.
- Program budget preparation and control.
- Principles and practices of administration and
- Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and
- Reading plans and comprehend scope of projects assigned.
- Plan, organize and coordinate construction projects and project
- Analyze problems and offer alternative solutions.
- Operate a computer and assigned software and office
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and
- Work independently and meet schedules and timelines.
- Prepare comprehensive narrative and statistical reports.
- Direct the maintenance of a variety of reports and files
related to assigned activities.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , Senior Project Manager, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!