Manager Clinical Informatics
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: October 9, 2021
With the support of the Senior Director Health Informatics,
engages with all levels of leaders across the continuum of care, in
his/her assigned area of responsibility, to facilitate planning,
coordination, and implementation of patient-centric clinical
information systems initiatives. Serves as a strong advocate for
clinical informatics professional practices to ensure clinical
technology optimization is in alignment with CHRISTUS mission, core
values, strategy, and goals. The Manager Health Informatics is
responsible for the day to day operations of his/her assigned
Health Informatics team. Responsibilities will include training,
mentoring and coaching assigned informatics associates on their
daily activities. Manage and oversee team activities including
appropriate resourcing of staff, staff assignments, and timely
delivery of services. Ensures direct reports efficiently and
effectively meet service, delivery, and quality metrics. Assists
the Senior Director Health Informatics with recruitment, and
development of a skilled, experienced and motivated team. This
position is exempt.
- Applies clinical informatics professional practice standards in
service delivery activities, to include but not limited to,
opportunity discovery, decision-making, solution design,
implementation, support, and education delivery.
- Champions evidenced-based practice, and drives for excellence
in content development through pro-active engagement in the Health
Informatics governance process, and related committee/workgroup
- Monitors, manages, and reports day-to-day operations to the
Senior Director Health Informatics to support efficient and
effective planning for resource utilization and prioritization of
the body of work for which Health Informatics is accountable and
- May be called upon to assume task completion responsibilities
as required by service demands.
- Provides timely and effective oral and written communication to
all served by Health Informatics.
- Provides input to the Senior Director Health Informatics on
organizational needs/concerns, process improvement, and team
- Proactively engages with CHRISTUS business units, at all
appropriate levels, to support the development and accomplishment
of CHRISTUS strategies and clinical professional/quality goals and
- Assist Senior Director Health Informatics with associate
- Promotes the professional development of all Health Informatics
associates using counseling, teaching, and role modeling
- Provides associate advice with interpreting and/or executing
departmental and organizational standards, policies, and procedures
to facilitate the goals and objectives of the organization.
- May be required to travel to perform duties.
- May be required to work outside of normal working hours. May be
required to work long hours during critical problems or
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in clinical/direct patient care
- Requires professional certifications in informatics PLUS
patient safety or performance improvement. If do not have, must
attain within one year of assuming position. Substitution of
comparable professional Magnet approved certification(s) may be
made as approved by the System Director of Health Informatics.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with
- Ability to prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Must be able to work under constant deadlines with frequent
interruptions and able to handle multiple duties.
- Must have the ability to organize, coordinate, and direct;
demonstrate judgment, diplomacy, assertiveness and initiative.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in clinical
informatics activities, including solution design, system
implementation, issue resolution, and customer
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in leading
- Requires a minimum of five (5) years of direct patient care
- Requires three (3) or more years of experience in performance
improvement activities, including analyze and re-design of clinical
- Experience with Meditech Healthcare Information Systems is a
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Current Valid TX or LA Professional License
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , Manager Clinical Informatics, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!