Ultrasound Technologist Registered - Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: October 9, 2021
This position will apply medical ultrasound to the patient in
accordance with a doctor's order and works within the scope of
practice as defined by the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
and American Society Radiologic Technologists. This position must
be able to handle the movement, set-up and operation of medical
ultrasound equipment. The Technologist must be able to handle all
patients according to the needs of that patient. This position
takes direction from the Radiology Medical Director and understands
patient assessment and treatment procedures as outlined by policy.
The position provides patient assessment information to the
Radiologist as needed,. The technologist is trained in Basic Life
Support and provides when asked to do so. The position has a
responsibility to appropriately document procedural information in
the patient's medical record.
- Obtain Patient information such as history, allergies, etc.
pertinent to the patient's condition and monitor that condition
recognizing any changes.
- Perform all pre-study procedures including patient preparation,
equipment preparation and paperwork.
- Delivery of care.
- Explains procedure to patient and family.
- Performs procedures of high technical imaging quality according
to department protocols and established standards,
- Responsible and accountable for the technical operations and
activities of the assigned area(s).
- Resolves work related issues proactively and
- Participate in quality review and performance improvement.
- Takes weekend call for hospital ultrasound needs on a rotation
- Monday-Friday, 6am - 8am; Monday-Friday 5pm - 10pm and
Weekends/Holidays 8am - 12pm.
- Responsible and accountable for Customer Service practices and
- Demonstrates customer service excellence by anticipating and
responding to the needs of patient, providers, employees and other
- Radiology Associate Degree is preferred.
- Completion of a Radiology focused program in Diagnostic Medical
Sonography with sufficient clinical scanning experience to be
eligible for certification with ARRT and/or RDMS.
- Graduate of AMA approved School of Radiological Sciences,
Ultrasound Technology or other accepted and approved equivalent.
- Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound program
- Minimum of (1) year scanning experience in Abdomen, OB/GYN,
Vascular and Breast Ultrasound preferred.
- Minimum of (1) year of experience in a clinical ultrasound
- Must have experience in and ability to perform all types of
General Ultrasound procedures.
- Minimum of (2) years verifiable OB/GYN or MFM ultrasound
- ARDMS or ARRT/Sonography certification in Abdomen required
within one year.
- LRST/ARRT Radiologic Technology License preferred.
- Certification in OB/GYN or Breast preferred.
- Registration by a credentialing body for Ultrasound
- Preferred registries include:American Registry of Diagnostic
Sonographers (ARDMS), CCI or ARRT.
- BLS (American heart Association) is required.
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , Ultrasound Technologist Registered - Maternal Fetal Medicine Clinic, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!