Graduate Nurse Medical Surgical Neurology
Company: CHI St. Luke's Health - Memorial - Lufkin
Posted on: October 7, 2021
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the
alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health.
With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and
hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit
is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities
advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how
and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in
Nurse I practices
at the entry level with the guidance and support of preceptors and
other structured support systems during the first year of practice
as a Registered Nurse. The incumbent plans, implements,
and evaluates patient care and performs related duties as required,
assesses patients’ needs for nursing care, assures continuity of
care through appropriate discharge planning, patient education and
coordination of services, and acts as a patient and family
Demonstrates accountability for
professional development that improves the quality of professional
practice and patient care.
2. Makes recommendations for the improvement of clinical care and
the health of the workplace.
3. Welcomes and participates in change initiatives.
4. Leads by investing and building healthy relationships among
colleagues and other disciplines.
5. Serves as an engaged member of a team supporting colleagues in
service to patients and families.
6. Participates in multidisciplinary rounds.
7. Applies basic nursing knowledge and skills within the framework
of the organization’s professional model of care, using the nursing
process to meet the clinical, psychosocial and spiritual needs of
the patient and family.
8. Formulates a plan of care and daily goals that takes into
consideration the individualized needs of the patient.
9. Consistently documents in the patient and unit records according
to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal
and regulatory patient care requirements.
10. Demonstrates initiative and seeks formal and informal
opportunities to improve clinical practice within specialty area.
Seeks guidance and asks questions to continuously improve nursing
11. Demonstrates critical thinking in the identification of
clinical, social, safety, psychological, and spiritual issues
within the episode of care.
12. Incorporates national and organizational goals to improve
quality, patient safety and satisfaction.
13. Creates a caring and compassionate patient focused experience
by building healing relationships with patients, families, and
14. Identifies ethical situations within patient care or within the
workforce and seeks assistance.
15. Professionally accepts assignments that gradually increase
patient load and complexity.
16. Actively engages in clinical development through the New
Graduate Nurse Residency Program.
17. Requests opportunities to learn safe accountable and autonomous
practice from more experienced nurses.
18. Routinely uses reflective practice to analyze situations and
seeks feedback from peers, preceptors, and unit leader around
19. Demonstrates enthusiasm around continuous learning. Identifies
and creates a plan for the continuation of learning and
20. Identifies opportunities for improvement in the clinical
21. Identifies patient and family needs for education and provides
basic education to support the episode of care.
22. Demonstrates a basic understanding of research, how it affects
practice and who/what resources are available to assist in
providing evidence-based care.
23. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of patient,
hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containment
measures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical
decision-making, adherence to organizational policies and
procedures, and ensuring patient safety.
24. Demonstrates an awareness of cultural intelligence, horizontal
violence and impairment in the health professions.
25. Communicates with management any safety hazards in the
26. Demonstrates knowledge of how clinical practice impacts
quality, patient safety and satisfaction
Education and License:
Required: ADN or
• Registered Nurse (RN)
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong interpersonal, communication,
and organizational skills.
• Effectively utilizes AIDET and SBAR communication
Keywords: CHI St. Luke's Health - Memorial - Lufkin, Tyler , Graduate Nurse Medical Surgical Neurology, Other , Lufkin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!