RN, Registered Nurse Clinical Research Senior
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Coordinates, directs and implements research protocols. Provides
advanced nursing skills in an outpatient research unit and/or
inpatient unit involving research related efforts. Responsibilities
include assessing, developing, implementing and evaluating a plan
of nursing care in a research unit using advanced professional
nursing skills which may require specialized training or
- Screens patients for protocol eligibility and participation in
- Participates in the coordination and monitoring of patient
treatment and dispensing of study medication.
- Monitors and evaluates patient response to protocol treatment
in collaboration with the physician.
- Provides education regarding study activities to patient,
relatives and CHRISTUS staff as necessary per protocol.
- Collect and/or process human specimens per protocol including
blood, urine, sputum, buccal swabs, etc.
- Performs other professional nursing duties, including
administration of medications, as required by protocol.
- Prepares regulatory documents for Institutional Review Board
- Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in
a manner that meets the age specific and developmental needs of
patients served by the department.
- Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or
service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial,
cultural, spiritual, age specific and other developmental needs of
each patient served.
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure compliance with all
policies, procedures and standards as promulgated by state and
federal agencies, the hospital, and other regulatory entities.
- Performs all duties in a manner that protects the
confidentiality of patients and does not solicit or disclose any
confidential information unless it is necessary in the performance
of assigned job duties
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing is required.·2
years of experience in Oncology Nursing is required.
- Previous experience in research is preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- Certification in speciality area preferred.
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , RN, Registered Nurse Clinical Research Senior, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!