Medical Records Abstractor - Clinic
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: September 11, 2021
An Abstractor reviews/audits patient medical files
and abstracts (i.e., extracts) key data
and information. The details extracted are then
entered into electronic files. An Abstractor will may also transfer
data from one EMR to another with electronic or paper files.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable.
- Word processing and computer experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate
- Must be very organized with the ability to perform multiple
tasks in a busy environment.
- Professional medical records documentation and writing skills
- Ability to operate 10-key calculator by touch, telephone,
computer, copier, and fax machine.
- Graduate from an accredited program for Medical Assistants and
certification is preferred.
- Ability to type 40 wpm preferred.
- Prefer one-year work experience, preferably in a medical office
- Current CPR certification preferred.
- Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and managed care
contracts is desirable.
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , Medical Records Abstractor - Clinic, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!