Trane Materials Manager
Company: Trane Technologies
Posted on: July 17, 2021
Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands –
including Trane® and Thermo King® - create access to cooling
and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and
perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less
environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon
emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly
challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
The Materials Manager at the Trane
residential HVAC plant will be responsible for all production
scheduling, materials planning, materials control, materials
strategy, and all materials project initiatives. This position is
also a key enabler of lean and continuous improvement in the plant.
In addition, this position is accountable for materials department
indirect labor productivity. Key performance indicators for
this position are inventory turns, on-time shipping to requested
date and/or order fill rate, and days past due.
- Primary point of responsibility for materials management for
- Ensures optimization of all materials management activities
including scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, materials
movement, supplier performance measurement, and indirect materials
- Responsible for the implementation, support and compliance of
the Materials and SIOP standard work playbook processes and systems
to facilitate the fulfillment process from production planning to
material procurement and warehousing, through product
- Facilitates interaction with Sourcing, Engineering, Accounting,
Marketing and Quality Assurance in support of the business’s
- Develop and drive countermeasures for underperforming key
processes and/or material suppliers.
- Provide leadership in selecting, developing and evaluating
personnel to ensure the efficient operation of materials functions
and Trane Technologies' operating goals and objectives.
- Manage suppliers, materials and inventory in a manner
consistent with the requirements of a Lean Six-Sigma manufacturing
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring
planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating.
- Organize activities & assigning jobs accordingly to the staff
- Provide required support to Global Procurement Commodity
Leaders as needed during supplier selection process.
- Promote APICS certification within the facility.
- Develop and implement a professional development program for
- Ensure alignment of the production plan to the published SIOP
- Drive improved supplier relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 15%
Key Competencies and
To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- In-depth knowledge of computerized integrated information
systems (manufacturing, materials management, production planning,
procurement and distribution) and an understanding of manufacturing
material flow in a plant.
- Must possess a strong customer service orientation and provide
dedicated support of internal customer requirements.
- Must be a proactive change agent and possess leadership skills
to build and maintain a team oriented environment while leveraging
- Must have solid interpersonal skills with the ability to
motivate staff and to interact with various departments throughout
- Must be a flexible, decisive and proactive problem solver.
- Must know how to influence bottom line results.
- Must be a strong communicator and possess strong organizational
skills, with ability to work on multiple priorities at once.
- Must be able to work well in high pressure, fast-paced
environment and be proficient at conflict resolution.
- Must be proficient in information technology systems utilized
in Materials Management.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required (MBA desirable).
- APICS Certification in Production and Inventory Management
(CPIM), or commitment to obtain within the first 18 months of
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the integrated functions
of materials management in a manufacturing environment that has
embraced lean concepts, MRP manufacturing practices, and
progressive supplier relationships.
- A minimum of 3 years in managerial experience focusing on
standardizing planning & execution, reducing sourcing complexity,
and talent development.
- Experience with rate-based or flow line (non-MRP) and job shop
manufacturing environments preferred
- Experience in operations, inventory management, MRP and lean
- Experience with visual management systems.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and
programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional
and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is
inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving
customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s
possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our
communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify,
national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status
as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
Keywords: Trane Technologies, Tyler , Trane Materials Manager, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!