LKQ is looking to hire a highly reliable and skilled Route
Salesperson with knowledge of LKQ products, warehouse methods,
techniques and procedures. The Route Salesperson's primary duty is
making deliveries and sales of the Company's products to customers.
He/She is expected to obtain sales (i) soliciting new prospects for
customers and (ii) persuading regular customers to increase the
amount of their purchases, or to purchase new Company products.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Solicit new and existing customers on a daily basis and
promote and sell the Company's products to customers.
2. Develop relationships with and provide service to existing
customers that insures customer retention and customer loyalty.
3. Identify potential new customers and solicit business from
4. Be familiar with the Company's product literature and be able
to convey product information and availability to customers to
insure the growth of both revenue and the number of customers along
route and/or within territory.
5. Attend regular sales training meetings to review sales
performance and to discuss sales goals and ways to improve sales
6. Provide exemplary customer service.
7. Operate Company vehicle in a safe, courteous and responsible
manner with a valid driver's license.
8. Deliver products to customers along route and/or within
territory -- verify parts delivered to customers and obtain
signature of customer confirming the accuracy compared to the work
9. Protect company assets by diligently performing all duties in
a safe manner, including safely handling products delivered and
10. Comply with established company policies and procedures.
11. Assumes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School graduate or G.E.D.
equivalent required. Must possess effective written and oral
communications skills. Must have skills in persuasion in order to
sell products to existing and new customers. Must possess a valid
driver's license in order to operate a Company vehicle.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to establish priorities and
exhibit effective time management skills. Must be familiar with the
company's products. Must be able to work in cooperation with
others. Must be attentive to detail and ensure accuracy in work
assignments. Must be able to communicate effectively and
persuasively with others.
Must have the flexibility to work variable schedules, including
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT: Company vehicle, personal computer and
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: This position requires individuals to
occasionally be on their feet except when operating machinery or a
Company vehicle. Should not have any lifting restrictions and must
not be afraid of heights. Must be able to stand for long periods,
sit, walk, push, pull, bend, climb and be able to move/lift up to
75 pounds regularly. They must be able to climb ladders, stairs and
withstand heights of more than 15 feet.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, as well
as an office environment. The employee should be able to tolerate
high and low temperature levels, and be able to handle poor driving
conditions due to inclement weather.
* A minimum of two years sales experience is preferred. * Some
business related college coursework is preferred.
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance * Paid Time Off * 401k with
Generous Company Match * Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term
Disability * Short Term Disability * Employee Assistance Program *
Tuition Reimbursement * Employee Discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected