Retail Assistant Branch Manager
Company: Woodforest Bank
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Take the next step toward your new career today!
Become a part of the diverse and inclusive team within our
nationally recognized award-winning Bank that is one of the
strongest in the nation. Woodforest National Bank is privately
owned, and our Employee Stock Ownership Plan is the largest
shareholder. We focus on building relationships and discovering
opportunities to better serve our communities and understand the
financial needs of every customer we serve. At Woodforest we care
and prove it by volunteering with local charities and foodbanks to
give back to the communities we serve. By joining Woodforest you
will become a part of one of the largest employee-owned banks in
The Retail Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for aligning
direction with the Retail Branch Manager in driving results and
supporting the mission in the growth of consumer and business
customer relationships, community engagement, and instore partner
relationships, while delivering the Woodforest Experience to every
customer, every day, every time.
- Assist Manager in achieving branch sales and revenue goals by
proactively identifying, marketing, and recommending banking
products and services beneficial to the customer.
- Must be a "Keeper of the Woodforest Culture" and possess the
ability to create energy around Retail objectives and
Assist Manager in developing and leading innovative strategies
to grow, retain and deepen consumer and business relationships.
Proactively grow business deposits and loans through inside and
outside business calling.
Enhance customer experience and the reputation of the Bank by
warmly and sincerely greeting, engaging, and developing
relationships with customers, community members, and retail
Embrace and leads a technology driven customer experience.
Lead, partner and execute a community engagement strategy with a
Community Development Relationship Manager in order to be an
engaged and intrinsic community partner.
Inspire and coach team members to reach their full potential and
act as a positive role model.
- Demonstrate flexibility to perform every other duty as
Practice branch security procedures and protect customer
confidentiality and privacy.
Perform branch servicing duties such as paying and receiving,
cash and vault balancing; ordering cash, cards, reports, audits and
control checks; maintaining and servicing automated teller
machines; and cleaning work areas.
Practice prudent expense management.
- Address customer questions and concerns by telephone and in
person or refer to appropriate internal resource with ownership
until final resolution.
- Must be proactive when seeking business outside of the
- Inspired, goal oriented, disciplined, team leader with strong
interpersonal skills, sales aptitude, and comfortable with outside
- Must be open to direct coaching and feedback.
- Ability to work flexible or extended working hours to meet
business needs; demonstrated reliability.
- Demonstrate a passion for taking care of people by exhibiting
effective problem-solving abilities, the ability to maintain
composure and convey a positive attitude while interacting with
customers as well as internal team members.
- Knowledge of/or ability to quickly learn products, services,
policies, procedures, regulatory guidelines, as well as engaging in
as sales and service process.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality,
follow directions, and apply proper policies, procedures and
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
workload and multi-task in a fast-paced environment while
maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand instructions, forms, applications, and be
familiar with financial statements and credit reports.
- 3 years of relevant and transferrable sales and/or customer
OR an Associate's degree and 2 years of relevant and
transferrable sales and/or customer service experience;
OR a Bachelor's degree and 1 year of relevant and transferrable
sales and/or customer service experience.
Demonstrable leadership ability and experience. Prior
supervisory experience is helpful.
Previous instore banking experience is preferred, but not
- Must be positive and engaging.
Formal Education & Certification:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Mentor or lead a team of more junior staff but does not
typically have formal management responsibility for personnel
- Up to 25% or more outside of branch or as needed by
- Conditions include standing most of the time, may involve
walking, moving, bending, stooping or sitting for brief periods,
and occasionally lifting and carrying items up to 30 lbs.
Woodforest is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or
Keywords: Woodforest Bank, Tyler , Retail Assistant Branch Manager, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!