Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They
make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day.
We work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. East Texas is a small town with a huge heart where
you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody
is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas
is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
What You Will Be Doing:
This position can work in any of our 10 hospitals (your
The Patient Care Tech (PCT) I works in partnership with the
licensed nurse to support the delivery of care in a safe patient
environment that promotes caring and healing. The PCT I
demonstrates basic knowledge and skills necessary to communicate
appropriately and carry out delegated tasks for age specific
populations under the supervision of a licensed nurse. He/she
records data as directed by policy and procedure, and reports
observations and patient concerns to the licensed nurse. The
Patient Care Technician is responsible for assigned non-nursing
functions. Duties of a PCT I include, but may not be limited to,
obtaining vital signs; assisting patients with basic tasks, such as
bathing, dressing, and eating and other ADLs; collecting specimens
for lab tests; and assistance with monitoring of patients. The PCT
I is competent to perform in at least one general area of
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
- Assists patients with ADLs and through ongoing monitoring and
response to patient needs.
- Organizes work in order to complete daily assignments within
assigned timeframes. Competently performs defined skills in order
to meet patient needs/expected outcomes.
- Maintains a clean, orderly and safe environment by following
appropriate safety, infection control and patient care polices.
Participates in tasks related to environment and equipment use,
(including use, cleaning and storage) according to unit and
- Appropriately utilizes and charges for supplies used in patient
care. Assists with cost effective care by ensuring appropriate use
of supplies with minimal waste.
- Competently delivers therapeutic interventions to populations
served under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Other duties as assigned
So what experience are we looking for in our Patient Services
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in acute care or emergency departnment
- Completion of approved certified nursing assistance course
- Competent to use patient care related machines and
- Maintains unit/department/role competencies
- Outstanding customer service skills and desire to actively
display those skills to create great connections with our
customers, both external (guests) and internal (other team members
and product lines)
- Intermediate knowledge of personal computer skills and comfort
with Microsoft Windows operating system; database and word
processing skills required
- Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM corrected of errors
- Ability to operate office equipment effectively
- Organizational skills required with the ability to multitask
and handle heavy volume of patient flow.
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong interpersonal communication and documentation
- Ability to work as a team player
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to embrace the client relationship to guide decisions
- Demonstrates good team work abilities
Certification and Licensure:
- Active certification with the state of Texas upon hire only.
Recertification upon expiration preferred
- Current BLS
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working
relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to
get there and why.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while completing work
on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the
experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in
the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).