Company: Tyler Junior College
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Specialist, Admissions (2 Openings)
Requisition ID: req629
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience
The Office of Admissions is responsible for cultivating and
maintaining the enrollment pipeline of students to TJC. This is
accomplished through strategic recruiting and prospect management -
navigating students through all aspects of enrollment with
enthusiasm, exceptional communication, engagement, outreach and
attention to detail. As the first point of contact for prospective
students, parents, and other members of the community, prompt,
accurate, professional and courteous customer service is
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES
- Recruit exceptional students from assigned high
schools/territory to achieve College enrollment goals.
- Plan and coordinate all aspects of general high school outreach
(minimum of five on-site visits within assigned territories per
long semester) and recruitment activities, including scheduling,
reporting and assessment.
- Maintain strong, professional relationships with high school
administrative staff in assigned territory.
- Utilize established communication plans to move students
through the enrollment funnel.
- Communicate professionally, consistently and effectively with a
diverse group of prospective students and their families in person
and via phone, email, printed media and the internet, representing
TJC in the most positive manner.
- Assist with on-campus individual and group tours.
- Develop initiatives that will contribute to annual and term
enrollment goals for inquiries, applicants, accepted and
- Advise prospective students through the TJC admissions and
enrollment process by clearly communicating enrollment
requirements, including but not limited to: Apply Texas and TJC
admissions applications; Required supplemental items (e.g. TSI,
bacterial meningitis vaccinations, etc.); Student
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in financial aid,
scholarships, advising, testing, registrar, housing and other
campus offices to ensure a consistent and smooth transition from
applicant to student.
- Maintain a general knowledge about TJC and a detailed knowledge
of degree and certificate programs, including requirements,
curriculum, policies/procedures, and student/faculty
- Handle confidential student information with professionalism,
tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
- Conduct presentations on the college experience, value of
higher education and the admissions process at TJC.
- Represent the College at career fairs, professional conferences
and TACRAO recruiting events in order to increase public awareness
of TJC programs, success stories and opportunities.
- Assist with events as needed (e.g. preview day, orientation,
community outreach events, registration events, etc.).
- Effectively use the customer relation management system (CRM)
and student information system (SIS) of the College.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience providing customer service.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and standard office
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills;
professional demeanor in both.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial aid deadlines and
experience informing students and parents of awards and programs
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with
students, parents and other stakeholders from diverse
socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully build, nurture and balance
professional relationships to achieve tasks.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- More than two years of customer service experience
- Admissions experience and/or experience working with students
on a college campus as an orientation or peer advisor, resident
assistant, student ambassador, or with other student
service-oriented departments or organizations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will have contact - in person, by email, or by phone - with
staff, students, and the general public.
- Must exhibit a sensitivity to and an understanding of the
diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
of staff and students and to staff and students with
Must have and maintain a current valid Texas driver's license
and an acceptable driving record
- May work in all-weather conditions.
- May work around standard office conditions.
- Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation
- Lifting and moving of heavy boxes containing recruitment
materials to and from vehicle and worksite.
- Travel for training, meetings, events and recruiting both in
and out of town will be required.
- May work evenings and weekends as business needs dictate.
Keywords: Tyler Junior College, Tyler , Specialist, Admissions, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!