Coordinator, Special Events
Company: Tyler Junior College
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Coordinator, Special Events
Requisition ID: req620
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Salary Range: 26968.00 to 26968.00
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES
- Plan and implement with appropriate TJC personnel all
campus-wide events, which includes: securing event dates, selecting
venues, developing invitations, researching menus, planning
decorations and tracking an event time line.
- Coordinate with campus personnel, community organizations and
vendors to ensure internal and external events are well-organized,
timely and effective.
- Successfully migrate to, implement and utilize Ad Astra, Astra
Schedule VII for all events.
- Assess the need and recruit a pool of temporary workers to help
- Serve as the onsite coordinator for events including
supervising staff, volunteers and vendors
- Request, purchase and/or rent necessary event items, supplies
- Track individual event budgets and assist budget planning
- Serve as the liaison for advancement, alumni and President's
office events that occur off campus.
- Maintain event information and produce weekly reports using
- Provide clerical support to advancement, alumni & external
affairs departments when needed.
- Excellent human relations skills required.
- Must be able to work independently including problem solving,
respect confidentiality and maintain courtesy in dealing with
students, alumni, faculty, staff and friends of TJC.
- Must have working knowledge and high level of proficiency to
use Microsoft Office software.
- Must have working knowledge of complex databases and local area
network (LAN) systems including calendar and email features.
- Knowledge of Banner or comparable advancement/events software
- Knowledge of Ad Astra suite of products preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Three to five years of experience in a related position
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will have contact - in person, by email, or by phone - with
staff, students, and the general public.
- Must exhibit a sensitivity to and an understanding of the
diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
of staff and students and to staff and students with
Keywords: Tyler Junior College, Tyler , Coordinator, Special Events, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!