Patient Safety Attendant, Tyler, Full Time, 7p-7a
Company: UT Health Tyler
Posted on: November 20, 2020
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our PLace. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Patieint
Safety Attendant. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and
patient care skills on our Float Pool unit where you will be
What You Will Be Doing:
* Provide assistance with monitoring individual patient
* Assist the patient, their families and the unit staff
* Provide timely, customer-oriented services
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
* High School Diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
Outstanding customer service skills and desire to actively display
those skills to create great connections with our customers, both
external (guests) and internal (other team members and product
lines) * Intermediate knowledge of personal computer skills and
comfort with Microsoft Windows operating system; database and word
processing skills required
* Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Active listening skills
* Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM corrected of errors
* Ability to operate office equipment effectively
* Organizational skills required with the ability to multitask and
handle heavy volume of patient flow.
* Ability to work well with others
* Strong interpersonal communication and documentation skills
* Ability to work as a team player
* Good problem solving skills
* Strong time management skills
* Ability to think strategically and act tactically
* Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
* Ability to embrace the client relationship to guide decisions and
* Demonstrates good team work abilities
* Other duties as assigned
Certification and Licensure:
* Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
* Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the
* Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the
* Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the
* Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working
relationships with others.
* Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver
* Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
* Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.
* Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
* Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get
there and why.
* Constant walking, standing, bending, stooping, and pushing and
pulling heavy objects.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the
experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in
the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class..
Keywords: UT Health Tyler, Tyler , Patient Safety Attendant, Tyler, Full Time, 7p-7a, Other , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!