Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They
make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day.
We work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas
is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for providing
technical and human assistance under the direction of licensed
personnel to provide care for a defined group of patients to
achieve quality patient outcomes.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
* Meets expectations providing assistance with activities of
daily living by continuous monitoring and responding to patient
needs to ensure quality patient care.
* Organizes work in order to complete daily assignments by
competently performing defined skills in order to meet patient
* Maintains clean, orderly and safe environment by appropriate
storage, and cleaning of equipment, meal trays, etc., in line with
hospital and unit policies.
* Appropriately utilizes and charges for equipment and supplies
by utilizing minimal supplies and crediting unused portions in
order to provide cost effective care.
* Competently delivers therapeutic interventions under the
direct supervision of a licensed nurse to meet expected
UALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
* Completion of high school or its equivalent.
* Completion of approved nursing assistant course.
Certification and Licensure:
* Completion of approved certified nursing assistance
* Active certification with the state of Texas upon hire only.
Recertification upon expiration preferred.
* Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and
* Constant walking, standing, bending, stooping and pushing and
pulling heavy objects.
* Potential for cuts, bruises, muscle strains, exposure to
airborne pathogens via blood and body fluids and exposure to
contagious diseases. May be exposed to hazardous materials.
* This is an OSHA Category 1 position. Body substance isolation
must be practiced.