COO - UT Health North Campus
Company: Ardent Health
Posted on: February 6, 2024
Ardent Health Services invests in quality healthcare.
Ardent Health Services, located in Nashville, Tennessee, has earned
a reputation as one of the industry's strongest - and most
innovative hospital operators. We are driven by our purpose of
caring for people: our patients, their families and one another.
Our facilities and clinics are consistently recognized among
healthcare's best employers.
To support operations, Ardent invested more than $1.4 billion since
2001 to raise the standard of care in the communities we serve.
Additionally, Ardent has invested $220 million in Epic, towards
uniting our hospitals and clinics on a single information-sharing
platform to improve patient outcomes and increase efficient care
delivery. We recognize each hospital is as unique as the community
it serves. We strive to maintain strong community ties through
advisory boards, contributions, charitable care, education and
- 30 Hospitals
- 200+ Sites of Care
- 4,453 Beds
- 23,000+ Team Members
- 6,818 Nurses
- 1,438 Aligned Providers
- 2 Million Annual Provider Encounters
- $5.1 Billion in Revenues Ardent Health Services invests in
quality healthcare. AHS makes considerable investments in people,
technology, facilities, and communities, producing high quality
care and extraordinary results. Since 2001, those investments total
more than $1.4 billion. From newly constructed facilities and
expanded services, to lifesaving technology and outstanding
opportunities for employees, AHS is committed to providing its
hospitals and clinics the tools needed to succeed.
OUR PURPOSE is caring for people: our patients, their families and
We believe it is this mix of corporate support and local autonomy
that equips our facilities for success.
UT Health East Texas System:
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 90 clinics across East
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
inpatient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter million people.
With the support of Ardent Health Services and the University of
Texas System, UT Health East Texas is uniquely positioned to
provide patients with access to cutting-edge research and clinical
therapies while training and educating the next generation of
physicians and other health professionals. At UT Health East Texas,
our mission is to care for people - our patients, their families
and each other. We do so while educating and developing the
caregivers of the future.
UT Health North Campus:
UT Health North Campus Tyler is the region's only academic medical
center. Its clinical enterprise features 174-licensed beds - 104
medical and 70 behavioral health; a 24-hour emergency department
designated as a Level IV trauma center, a gastroenterology lab and
the UT Health East Texas HOPE Cancer Center. A number of physician
clinics representing specialties ranging from family medicine to
pulmonology to urology and more operate on our campus. In addition,
research and education enterprises reside on our campus, including
We are currently recruiting for a dynamic leader to join UT Health
North Campus as the Chief Operating Officer.
As a member of the senior management team, the Chief Operating
Officer (COO) will actively participate in strategic, operational,
and financial decision-making. The COO will work closely with the
CEO in all aspects of hospital management, site coordination, and
organizational integration activities to ensure achievement of
adopted goals and strategies. The COO will have an active role in
establishing systems and organizational structure to support the
overall vision and strategic direction of the organization as well
as assessing and identifying operational strategies, performance
metrics, and financial opportunities to execute.
- Provides administrative direction, evaluation, and coordination
of the functions and activities for the operation of assigned
clinical and non-clinical departments.
- Collaborates routinely with the CEO concerning policy
recommendations and suggested courses of action pertinent to the
efficient operation of assigned departments.
- Manages the implementation for major strategic, clinical and/or
- Mentors and develops leaders, fostering achievement of goals
and objectives, high performing leadership practices,
collaboration, and innovation.
- Guides department leaders in establishing measures of
performance, increased productivity, quality improvement, and cost
- Initiates, coordinates, and enforces policies and
- Leads and manages change through influence to achieve
- Attends Board of Trustees, Medical Staff, and community
- Strategizes and drives process improvements. These may focus on
innovative care delivery and operational models designed to improve
clinical services, outcomes, patient throughput, and patient
- Promotes the use and implementation of technology in order to
streamline operations, facilitate communications, and optimize work
- Collaborates with other teams for the implementation of
programs, policies, and procedures that address how patient care
needs are assessed, met, and evaluated.
- Ensures patient and family centered care is comprehensive,
coordinated, and monitored for effectiveness through a quality
improvement model. This should result in outcome measures that
outperform national benchmark statistics in clinical areas.
- Allocates financial, information, and human capital for
improvement activities to ensure delivery of cost effective and
efficient services to patients, physicians, and hospital
- Serves as a member of the executive leadership team with a
focus on building and supporting relationships with internal and
external constituents and stakeholders and ensuring optimal
operating effectiveness and strategic positioning.
- Assumes an active role with the hospital's governing body,
senior leadership, medical staff, management, and other clinical
leaders in the hospital's decision-making structure and
- Communicates expectations, develops leaders, and advances the
organization to meet needs and strategic priorities that are
current and/or anticipated.
- Promotes relationships with community organizations to improve
patient outcomes and the health of the communities served.
- Establishes structures, processes, and expectations that
support lifelong professional learning, role development, and
- Collaborates with directors in hiring, orientation, evaluation,
discipline, and education of clinical staff.
- Rounds on patients, families, employees, and physicians to
enrich communication, ensure alignment, oversee operations, and
ensure that the experience is positive.
- Communicates with impact in order to effectively engage others
and achieve desired results.
- Recognizes the broad and long-term implications of business
decisions and plans.
- Adheres to the "Code of Conduct" and "Behavior Standards".
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications
Education & Experience
- Master's degree is required. Preferred MHA or MBA
- 5+ years of experience in hospital administration. Knowledge,
Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively
communicate ideas, problems, instructions (written and oral) with
corporate management staff, facility management staff and
- Ability to analyze situations, evaluate data, recommend, and
implement courses of action that would improve the functioning of
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines, policies and
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision making and react
calmly and effectively in an emergency situation.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and short and long-range goal
implementation. Behavior Standards
- Service - Patient Centered Customer Service
- Quality - Clinical and Operational Excellence
- People - Promotes a Collaborative Environment
- Financial - Business Acumen
- Growth - Fosters Innovation
Keywords: Ardent Health, Tyler , COO - UT Health North Campus, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!