Medical Assistant / MA Family Medicine
Company: UT Health Quitman
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Join our UT Health East Texas team as a Day Shift / PRN / Medical
Assistant UT Health Clinic Mineola Family Practice Saturdays PRN
Must have valid CCMA certification Why UT Health East Texas? Our
People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other. Our Purpose. We will build on your
experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for
your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a
difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Mineola, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
somebody here. Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health
East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics
across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000
licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare
services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals,
clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS
service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Mineola Clinic is seeking an experienced Certified
Clinical Medical Assistant. You will be responsible for responsible
for providing technical and human assistance under the direction of
licensed personnel to provide care for a defined group of patients
to achieve quality patient outcome.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the close supervision of registered nurses where
they perform many of the same tasks as the nursing assistants.
- Utilize nursing knowledge and skills in the safe implementation
of basic preventative therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care
of assigned patient/family as evidenced by documentation and
observation of positive patient care outcomes.
- Perform delegated independent nursing functions using
established procedures, policies, guidelines and standards as
observed by the registered nurse.
- Administer medication accurately, observing patient response,
as evidenced by documentation in the medical record and lack of
- Maintain and coordinate communication among patient/significant
other, staff and physician as evidenced within medical record,
client and health care team feedback other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS (CONTINUED): Education:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, CCMA/LPN/LVN.
- Participates in continuing education activities
- BLS Experience:
- Healthcare experience, clinic experience extremely
- Basic personal computer skills and comfort with Microsoft
Windows operating system; database and word processing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Patient record documentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Ability to embrace the client relationship to guide decisions
- Demonstrates good team work Certification and Licensure:
- Current Texas Licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or
Certified Medical Assistant
- BLS Certification Compliance Requirements
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and
Keywords: UT Health Quitman, Tyler , Medical Assistant / MA Family Medicine, Healthcare , Quitman, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!