Travel Registered Nurse (RN) - OB/GYN
Company: Cynet Health
Posted on: March 17, 2023
- The O.B. Staff Nurse will provide quality nursing care for
maternal and newborn patients and will work with other professional
staff to provide services that reflect the caring philosophy of the
hospital.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes initial nursing histories, assesses patients`
conditions, and develops individual plans of care for patients
assigned to the unit. Provides direct patient care, evaluates
outcome, consults with other specialists and adjusts nursing care
processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
- Accurately administers medications and performs procedures that
cannot be delegated such as assessing labor progression, managing
induction of labor and cervical ripening, and dealing competently
with medical emergencies including prolapsed cord, breech delivery,
postpartum hemorrhage, precipitous delivery, uterine rupture,
management of meconium, abruptio placenta, placenta previa.
Performs fetal heart monitoring and makes assessment of labor
progress using the Friedman labor curve.
- Works with neonatal unit to care for preterm infants and other
infants with special problems.
- Teaches and supervises the proper performance of nursing acts
that have been delegated to others and monitors nursing care of
other health care team members.
- Promotes patient/client education and involves the patient and
significant others in implementation of health goals.
- Understands and adheres to JCAHO standards as they apply to the
- Participates in fire, safety, disaster, and infection control
educational programs and exercises.
- Participates in specific patient quality assessment activities
including chart reviews.
- Complies with certification/recertification requirements of the
position and attends continuing education courses to remain current
in the field.Required Skills/Abilities:
- Demonstrated competency in the care of the antepartum,
intrapartum, and postpartum patients and their newborns.
- Ability to act independently and make decisions under
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to handle emergency and crisis situations.
Keywords: Cynet Health, Tyler , Travel Registered Nurse (RN) - OB/GYN, Healthcare , Athens, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...