Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Company: Octapharma Plasma
Posted on: March 15, 2023
Registered NurseDetermined to Increase
your work/life balance and home time,
your ability to learn and advance,
and your impact on other's lives?
We leave work at work.
[So should you!]
Want to be a part of something exciting? Help Octapharma Plasma open our next Donor Center! At Octapharma Plasma you can channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is fast-paced and personally and professionally rewarding.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our growing biopharmaceutical company and assist in opening our newest Donor Center. At Octapharma Plasma you can channel your passion for helping others into a medical career that is fast-paced and personally and professionally rewarding. Recent medically trained graduates as well as experienced healthcare professionals are welcome to apply. We offer exciting career advancement opportunities throughout the country!
This Is What You'll Do:
* Perform medical evaluation of potential donors for automated plasmapheresis procedures
* Determine donor suitability of new applicants in consultation with a donor center physician
* Provide limited emergency care, including the administration of medications or treatments
* Conduct evaluations to ensure compliance with criteria for normal plasma donors
* Review medical histories and perform suitability examinations
* Maintain communication logs regarding donor suitability
* Review normal and abnormal test results to determine continued donor suitability
* Counsel donors with abnormal test results and defer them accordingly
This Is Who You Are:
* An individual of strong character and demonstrated integrity
* A person committed to excellent customer service all day, every day
* Empathetic enough to understand and appreciate our donors
* Self-motivated and willing to assume the initiative
* Teachable with a desire to learn and advance
* Someone with positive energy, always willing to pitch in where needed
* Understanding, patient, and genuinely authentic
* Hungry to build a great career
This Is What It Takes:
* Graduation from a recognized healthcare educational program
* Current licensure as an RN specific to the location of employment
* Current certification in CPR
* Ability to educate donors, staff, and community regarding our plasma donation program
* A high degree of organization, team orientation, flexability, and confort working with a diverse group of people with a very busy medical environment
* Basic computer proficiency; Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
* One or more years of hospitial, field care, or plasma center experience preferred
This Is Why Nurses Love Working Here:
* Excellent work/life balance
* Home time is yours, so you can leave work at work
* Centers operate limited hours during many major holidays
* Excellent teamwork/friendly co-workers
* Supportive environment
* Strong ethical standards
* Opportunities for advancement
Do Satisfying Work. Earn Real Rewards and Benefits.
We're widely known and respected for our benefits and for leadership that is supportive and hands-on. Managers who truly want you to grow and excel.
* Formal training
* Outstanding plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Health savings account (HSA)
* Employee assistance program (EAP)
* Wellness program
* 401 (k) retirement plan
* Paid time off
* Company-paid holidays
* Personal time
More About Octapharma Plasma, Inc.
With donation centers and team members throughout the U.S., Octapharma Plasma, Inc. collects plasma to create life-saving medicines for patients worldwide. We are growing at an impressive pace, and so is the positive impact of our work. Our community relies on teamwork, compassion, and expertise to get things done the right way, while making a meaningful difference in the lives we touch.
Interested? Learn more online and apply now at:
And if you know someone else who'd be a great fit at Octapharma Plasma, Inc., please forward this posting along.
Registered NurseDetermined to Increase
Keywords: Octapharma Plasma, Tyler , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
here to apply!