Registered Nurse, Full Time - Greenville - Med Surg
Company: At Home Health Care
Location: Sulphur Springs
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Registered Nurse, Full Time - GreenvilleOverview
Primary functions are to administer skilled nursing care for
patients of all ages in their place of residence, coordinate care
with the interdisciplinary team, patients and their families, and a
referring agency. Assumes the responsibility for and participates
in the coordination of care.
* Completes initial and ongoing assessments to identify the
physical, psychosocial, and environmental needs of home health
patients. Completes assessments at appropriate time points,
including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) or other
assessments as appropriate to the patient.
* Regularly re-evaluates the patient's nursing needs and evaluates
the outcomes of care.
* Develops, initiates, and revises the plan of care in partnership
with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s) as
necessary to ensure quality and continuity of care. Initiates
appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
Refers to other services as needed. Provides patient and caregiver
education. Plans for the discharge of the patient from
* Furnishes those services requiring substantial and specialized
nursing skill that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the
plan of care. Counsels the patient, caregiver and family in meeting
nursing and related needs. Uses infection control measures that
protect both the staff and the patient.
* Coordinates services. Informs the physician and other personnel
of changes in the patient's condition and needs. Communicates with
all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care
practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care.
Integrates orders from all relevant physicians involved into the
plan of care and ensures the orders are approved by the responsible
* Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of
* Prepares clinical and progress notes. Completes appropriate
documentation in a timely manner.
* Demonstrates commitment and professional growth by participating
in Agency-sponsored in-service programs and maintaining or
improving competency. Participates in the Agency's QAPI
* Supervises, teaches, and provides clinical direction to other
nursing personnel. Assigns home health aides to specific patients.
Supervises LPNs/LVNs and paraprofessionals providing services to
patients. May conduct aide competency evaluations if qualified with
two years of clinical experience and one year of home health
* Performs on-call responsibilities and provides on-call services
to patients and their families as assigned.
* Applies concepts of infection control and standard precautions in
coordinating or performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
* Meets mandatory continuing education requirement of the Agency
and licensing board.
* Provides effective communication to patients, their family
members, team members, and other health care professionals.
* Promotes the Agency philosophy and administrative policies.
* Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency.
* Participates in Agency-sponsored in-service training.
Physical, Mental, Miscellaneous Demands
* Ability to do heavy lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, and
standing. Prolonged standing and walking required.
* Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient and family
individualized psychosocial needs.
* Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
* Must have and maintain valid Driver's License, and proof of
current valid auto liability insurance.
* Requires current CPR certificate, and the ability to maintain a
current CPR certificate.
* Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds
continuously to move objects.
* Work deals mostly with areas such as preparing and reading data
and figures, records, reports, visual inspection involving small
details. Although important, depth perception and field of vision
(peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish
small details and markings very near to the observer.
* Requires ability to grasp, pull, push, carry or otherwise
manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of
muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye
* Requires ability to communicate clearly and make self-understood
effectively in face-to-face interactions; articulate with accuracy
to communicate using phone.
* Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions
correctly, answer phones, communicate professionally with people in
situations with some background noise.
* Requires ability to concentrate on fine detail with frequent
interruption; ability to focus attention on tasks for 10-20 minutes
at a time on a continuous basis, 20-60 minutes on occasion.
* Requires ability to understand and relate to specific ideas one
at a time and to the concepts behind specific ideas; ability to
remember verbal and written tasks/assignments from a few hours to
several day periods.
* Position requires sitting approximately 60% of time
standing/stooping/bending/ climbing approximately 20% of time; and
walking approximately 20% of time.
* Excellent computer software skills necessary to produce accurate
documents and materials required.
* Requires ability to work effectively under minimal supervision;
exercise excellent, sound professional judgment and maintain
Education: Graduate of an accredited Diploma, Associate or
Baccalaureate School of Nursing.
Licensure: Current State license as a Registered Nurse or a
multi-state license issued by a state member of the National Nurse.
Licensure Compact (NLC) if practicing in a state member of the NLC,
current Driver's License.
Experience: One year of experience as a Registered Nurse in an
acute or clinical care setting preferred. Home health experience
Skills: Nursing skills as defined as generally accepted standards
of practice. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of current CPR.
Transportation: Reliable transportation, current Driver's License,
and valid and current auto liability insurance.
Environmental and Working Conditions: Works in a health care
facility or patients' homes in various conditions; possible
exposure to blood and bodily fluids and infectious diseases;
ability to work a flexible schedule; ability to travel locally;
some exposure to unpleasant weather. May be called upon to perform
We offer the following competitive benefits to support you, your
family, and your furry family members too!
* Newly improved mileage reimbursement
* Newly improved benefits packages
* Pet Insurance Coverage
* Paid Time Off
* Paid Holidays...plus 2 bonus floating holidays!
* Family Medical Leave
* Tuition Reimbursement
* 401k Plan with a Company Match
* Legal Aid
* Identify Theft Plan
* Perks and Discounts
Keywords: At Home Health Care, Tyler , Registered Nurse, Full Time - Greenville - Med Surg, Healthcare , Sulphur Springs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!