RN, Registered Nurse - After Hours Nurse line
Company: CHRISTUS Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The AHN RN provides professional after-hours telephone triage
nursing care for CHRISTUS patients following established standards
and practices; Is the primary responder for management of triage
telephone calls within the defined scope of practice as established
by the Texas Board of Nursing. Services are provided for CHRISTUS
Trinity Clinic and CHRISTUS Physician Group patients. The
Registered Nurse can provide leadership in all situations,
including emergencies, utilizing concepts of critical thinking and
creative problem solving to ensure positive outcomes. The incumbent
of this position can delegate duties per scope of practice and
during emergency situations. Works collaboratively with providers
to facilitate quality care for the patient.
- Complete an initial telemedicine assessment; triage the call
based on assessment findings.
- Uses developed triage algorithms/protocols to guide the
assessment and interventions
- Document the assessment and management of the call into the
organizational electronic medical record (EPIC).
- Give telephone orders; accept and process telephone test
results; call in provider approved prescription refills.
- Collaborate and coordinate patient care with on call providers
as recommended per protocols. Requirements:
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
Part Time Associated topics: bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit,
domiciliary, hospice, infusion, psychiatric, registered nurse, tcu,
Keywords: CHRISTUS Health, Tyler , RN, Registered Nurse - After Hours Nurse line, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!