Registered Nurse (RN) - Long Term Acute Care - $28-43 per hour
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: January 26, 2023
UT Health East Texas is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Long
Term Acute Care for a nursing job in Tyler, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Long Term Acute Care
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
OverviewJoin UT Health East Texas as a PRN, Varies Shift, Resource
Team LTAC RN! - - -Advancing Healthcare -Together - -The Future of
Healthcare -is -in East TexasWhy UT Health - East Texas?Our People.
- -Our people truly are our greatest strength. - They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. - We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.Our Purpose. -We will build on your
experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for
your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a
difference in someone's life and change the course of
healthcare.Our Place. Tyler, TX is a small town with a huge heart
where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors.
Everybody is somebody here.Representing the very best in
healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and
more than 50 clinics across east Texas. - With nearly 7,500
employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East
Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients
annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility,
air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area
of a quarter-million people. - - - - - - - - -POSITION SUMMARY:The
Registered Nurse is responsible for delivery of patient care
through the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation. This position is responsible for
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based
on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes. -
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through
performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive
outcomes in patient care. - -What You Will Be Doing:1. - - - - - -
Deliver individualized, goal-directed nursing care using a
systematic approach and according to standards of care, facility's
code of conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration with
patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
- -Collect patient's health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate
care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant
others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of
care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is
administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the
Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant
others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and
- Maintain confidentiality with all information. -2. - - - - -
Systematically evaluate quality and factors relating to safety,
effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care:
- Participate in quality of care activities such as the
implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the
hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to
position, education and practice environment.
- Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate
changes in practice. -3. - - - Implement Infection Control, Safety
and Risk Management Programs in all nursing practices. -4. - - -
Demonstrate ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient
populations. -5. - - - Acquire and maintain current knowledge in
nursing practice, for example:
- Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in
a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings per policy. -6. - - - Contribute
to professional development of peers, colleagues and others, for
example. Recognize own learning needs and those of peers and
assists in meeting those needs to maximize professional development
and optimal medical/surgical nursing practice. 7. - - - Assume all
other duties and responsibilities as necessary:
- Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental
needs of unit and/or nursing department.
- Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling
needs of unit and/or hospital.
- Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
- Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of
patients is readily available and in working order. - -
ResponsibilitiesQUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N.) or Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (B.S.N.) from an -accredited school.Experience:
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in
job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer
- About UT Health East TexasArdent Health Services -prides itself
in -quality health care -by -investing in -people, technology,
facilities and -communities, to -produce -extraordinary results. -
-To date, those investments total more than $1.4 billion since
2001. From newly constructed facilities and expanded services to
lifesaving technology and outstanding opportunities for employees,
Ardent is committed to providing its hospitals and clinics the
tools they need to succeed. -Recapitalized and supported by the
financial strength of Ventas, Inc., an S&P 500 company and
leading real estate investment trust, and Equity Group Investments,
a private investment firm founded by Sam Zell more than 45 years
ago, Ardent is expanding its network and bringing its unique
combination of resources and proven management expertise to new
communities. - ---- -Ardent includes: 4,718 licensed beds, -More
-than 1,000 employed providers, -and -$3 billion in revenues. ----
-Healthcare systems within Ardent include: ---- -BSA Health System
-- Amarillo, -Texas - ---- -Seton Medical Center -- Harker Heights,
-Texas ---- -Hillcrest Healthcare System - Oklahoma -(8 Hospitals)
- Hillcrest Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital South, Tulsa Spine &
Specialty Hospital, Bailey Medical Center, Hillcrest Hospital
Cushing, Hillcrest Hospital Claremore, Hillcrest Hospital
Henryetta, Hillcrest Hospital Pryor ---- -Lovelace Health System -
Albuquerque, New Mexico -(5 Hospitals) - -Lovelace Medical Center,
Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital, Lovelace Women's Hospital,
Lovelace Westside Hospital, Lovelace Regional Hospital ---- -UT
Health - East Texas -(9 Hospitals): -UT Health, -Tyler, UT Health
North Campus -Tyler, UT Health East Texas -Long-Term Acute Care, UT
Health East Texas Rehabilitation -Center, UT Health Athens, UT
Health Carthage, UT Health Henderson, UT Health Jacksonville, UT
Health Pittsburg ---- -Americas Division -- -Hackensack Meridian
Health - Mountainside Medical Center (Montclair, New Jersey) and
Pascack Valley Medical Center (Westwood, New Jersey) -The
University of Kansas Health System, St. Francis -Campus -(Topeka,
Kansas) - -Portneuf Medical Center -(Pocatello, Idaho) -Benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Discount program
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Vision benefits
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , Registered Nurse (RN) - Long Term Acute Care - $28-43 per hour, Healthcare , Whitehouse, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!