Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - $28-43 per hour
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: January 23, 2023
UT Health East Texas is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) ICU -
Intensive Care Unit for a nursing job in Athens, Texas. Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ICU - Intensive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent OverviewJoin UT Health East Texas as
a PRN, Varies Shift, ICU RN! Advancing Healthcare Together - The
Future of Healthcare is in East TexasWhy UT Health - East Texas?Our
People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.Our Purpose. We will build on your
experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for
your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a
difference in someone's life and change the course of
healthcare.Our Place. Tyler, TX is a small town with a huge heart
where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors.
Everybody is somebody here.Representing the very best in
healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and
more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees
and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas
provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually
through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air
emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a
quarter-million people. POSITION SUMMARY:The Registered Nurse is
responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing
process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
This position is responsible for the following:
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based
on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes.
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through
performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive
outcomes in patient care. What You Will Be Doing:1. Deliver
individualized, goal-directed nursing care using a systematic
approach and according to standards of care, facility's code of
conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration with patients and
interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
- Collect patient's health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate
care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant
others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of
care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is
administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the
Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant
others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and
- Maintain confidentiality with all information. 2.
Systematically evaluate quality and factors relating to safety,
effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care:
- Participate in quality of care activities such as the
implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the
hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to
position, education and practice environment.
- Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate
changes in practice. 3. Implement Infection Control, Safety and
Risk Management Programs in all nursing practices. 4. Demonstrate
ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations. 5.
Acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice, for
- Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in
a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings per policy. 6. Contribute to
professional development of peers, colleagues and others, for
example. Recognize own learning needs and those of peers and
assists in meeting those needs to maximize professional development
and optimal medical/surgical nursing practice. 7. Assume all other
duties and responsibilities as necessary:
- Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental
needs of unit and/or nursing department.
- Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling
needs of unit and/or hospital.
- Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
- Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of
patients is readily available and in working order.
ResponsibilitiesQUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school.Experience:
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in
job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes
quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give
directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze,
make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or
programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability. Certification and
- Completion of education to obtain Licensure as a Registered
- ACLS certification preferred.
- BLS required
- PALS Certification (preferred but not required). About UT
Health East Texas Ardent Health Services prides itself in quality
health care by investing in people, technology, facilities and
communities, to produce extraordinary results. To date, those
investments total more than $1.4 billion since 2001. From newly
constructed facilities and expanded services to lifesaving
technology and outstanding opportunities for employees, Ardent is
committed to providing its hospitals and clinics the tools they
need to succeed. Recapitalized and supported by the financial
strength of Ventas, Inc., an S&P 500 company and leading real
estate investment trust, and Equity Group Investments, a private
investment firm founded by Sam Zell more than 45 years ago, Ardent
is expanding its network and bringing its unique combination of
resources and proven management expertise to new communities.
Ardent includes: 4,718 licensed beds, More than 1,000 employed
providers, and $3 billion in revenues. Healthcare systems within
Ardent include: BSA Health System - Amarillo, Texas Seton Medical
Center - Harker Heights, Texas Hillcrest Healthcare System -
Oklahoma (8 Hospitals) - Hillcrest Medical Center, Hillcrest
Hospital South, Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital, Bailey Medical
Center, Hillcrest Hospital Cushing, Hillcrest Hospital Claremore,
Hillcrest Hospital Henryetta, Hillcrest Hospital Pryor Lovelace
Health System - Albuquerque, New Mexico (5 Hospitals) - Lovelace
Medical Center, Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital, Lovelace
Women's Hospital, Lovelace Westside Hospital, Lovelace Regional
Hospital UT Health - East Texas (9 Hospitals): UT Health , Tyler,
UT Health North Campus Tyler, UT Health East Texas Long-Term Acute
Care, UT Health East Texas Rehabilitation Center, UT Health Athens,
UT Health Carthage, UT Health Henderson, UT Health Jacksonville, UT
Health Pittsburg Americas Division - Hackensack Meridian Health -
Mountainside Medical Center (Montclair, New Jersey) and Pascack
Valley Medical Center (Westwood, New Jersey) The University of
Kansas Health System, St. Francis Campus (Topeka, Kansas) Portneuf
Medical Center (Pocatello, Idaho) Benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Discount program
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Vision benefits
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , Registered Nurse (RN) - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - $28-43 per hour, Healthcare , Athens, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!