Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehabilitation - $28-43 per hour
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: January 23, 2023
UT Health East Texas is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Rehabilitation for a nursing job in Tyler, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Rehabilitation
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Employment Type: Permanent
OverviewJoin UT Health East Texas as a PRN, Day Shift, RN
Rehab!--Advancing Healthcare---Together ----The Future of
Healthcare is in East Texas--World-class care, technology, service
and research - right in your neighborhood.--Why UT Health - East
Texas?Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East
Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across
east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million
people.Rehabilitation Hospital is unique in that is it provides
care for those patients needing acute care physical rehabilitation.
Rehabilitation patients typically require three modalities of
service (PT/OT, Wound Care, Nutrition, Nursing, Speech, etc.) and
stay in the hospital for an average of 15 days. The
multi-disciplinary approach used in the Rehabilitation Hospital
allows nurses to hone a variety of skills, while cultivating
meaningful relationships with patients over the course of their
stay.---UT Health Rehabilitation Hospital occupies two floors
within the Olympic Center, the patients receive three hours of
therapy daily. Nursing has opportunity to work with all of the
different specialties creating a wonderful culture of holistic
nursing.------To ensure continuity of care, the Rehabilitation
Hospital has a dedicated rehabilitation physician that follows each
patient for the duration of his or her stay. They are also seen
daily by an Internal Medicine physician. Not only is this model a
patient satisfier, but a staff satisfier, as each caregiver always
has a firm handle on the physician's care plan and expectations for
each patient.--POSITION SUMMARY:The Registered Nurse is responsible
for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of
assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. This position
is responsible for the following:
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based
on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes.--
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through
performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive
outcomes in patient care.----What You Will Be Doing:--1.
----------Deliver individualized, goal-directed nursing care using
a systematic approach and according to standards of care,
facility's code of conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration
with patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
- Collect patient's health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate
care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant
others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of
care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is
administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the
Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant
others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and
- Maintain confidentiality with all information.--2.----------
Systematically evaluate quality and factors relating to safety,
effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient care:
- Participate in quality of care activities such as the
implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the
hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to
position, education and practice environment.
- Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate
changes in practice.--3.-- -- -- Implement Infection Control,
Safety and Risk Management Programs in all nursing practices.--4.--
-- -- Demonstrate ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient
populations.--5.-- -- -- Acquire and maintain current knowledge in
nursing practice, for example:
- Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in
a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings per policy.--6.-- -- -- Contribute
to professional development of peers, colleagues and others, for
example. Recognize own learning needs and those of peers and
assists in meeting those needs to maximize professional development
and optimal medical/surgical nursing practice. 7.-- -- -- Assume
all other duties and responsibilities as necessary:
- Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental
needs of unit and/or nursing department.
- Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling
needs of unit and/or hospital.
- Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
- Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of
patients is readily available and in working order.
ResponsibilitiesQUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (BSN) from an--accredited school.Experience:
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in
job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes
quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give
directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze,
make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
- About UT Health East TexasArdent Health Services--prides itself
in--quality health care--by--investing in--people, technology,
facilities and--communities, to--produce--extraordinary
results.----To date, those investments total more than $1.4 billion
since 2001. From newly constructed facilities and expanded services
to lifesaving technology and outstanding opportunities for
employees, Ardent is committed to providing its hospitals and
clinics the tools they need to succeed.--Recapitalized and
supported by the financial strength of Ventas, Inc., an S&P 500
company and leading real estate investment trust, and Equity Group
Investments, a private investment firm founded by Sam Zell more
than 45 years ago, Ardent is expanding its network and bringing its
unique combination of resources and proven management expertise to
new communities.---------Ardent includes: 4,718 licensed
beds,--More--than 1,000 employed providers,--and--$3 billion in
revenues.-------Healthcare systems within Ardent include:-------BSA
Health System--- Amarillo,--Texas---------Seton Medical Center---
Harker Heights,--Texas-------Hillcrest Healthcare System -
Oklahoma--(8 Hospitals) - Hillcrest Medical Center, Hillcrest
Hospital South, Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital, Bailey Medical
Center, Hillcrest Hospital Cushing, Hillcrest Hospital Claremore,
Hillcrest Hospital Henryetta, Hillcrest Hospital
Pryor-------Lovelace Health System - Albuquerque, New Mexico--(5
Hospitals) ---Lovelace Medical Center, Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation
Hospital, Lovelace Women's Hospital, Lovelace Westside Hospital,
Lovelace Regional Hospital-------UT Health - East Texas--(9
Hospitals):--UT Health,--Tyler, UT Health North Campus--Tyler, UT
Health East Texas--Long-Term Acute Care, UT Health East Texas
Rehabilitation--Center, UT Health Athens, UT Health Carthage, UT
Health Henderson, UT Health Jacksonville, UT Health
Pittsburg-------Americas Division-----Hackensack Meridian Health -
Mountainside Medical Center (Montclair, New Jersey) and Pascack
Valley Medical Center (Westwood, New Jersey)--The University of
Kansas Health System, St. Francis--Campus--(Topeka,
Kansas)----Portneuf Medical Center--(Pocatello, Idaho)--Benefits
- Dental benefits
- Life insurance
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Discount program
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Vision benefits
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , Registered Nurse (RN) - Rehabilitation - $28-43 per hour, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!