Registered Nurse - Peritoneal (RN-PD) - Med Surg
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Registered Nurse - Peritoneal (RN-PD)510 SSW LOOP 323STE 580,
TYLER, Texas, 75702, United States of America
Registered Nurse - Peritoneal Dialysis (RN - PD)
Are you a self-motivated, organized individual who is passionate
about patient care? Do you have confidence & accountability to
manage patient cases independently?
As a Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (RN PD), you will be
providing education on peritoneal dialysis to patients and their
care givers in a clinical setting, which then allows them to
dialyze from home. You will have responsibility over the complete
ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment stays on
* Dialysis Experience - NOT required
* 9-12 week - Paid Training
* Monday-Friday (weekends and holidays off)
* Flexible schedule
* Clear and competitive career progression for a lifetime nursing
What you can expect:
* Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting.
* Apply your "core" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and
implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. You
will track and organize your patients. With the pride of ownership
comes the joy of witnessing how your care impacts patients'
* Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own
dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands.
* Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of
that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients
from feeling sick and afraid, to strong, independent, and able to
do the daily things that they love. Educating patients on their
options when it comes to dialysis not only helps them own their
journey, but also expands the program to people who will benefit
greatly from PD.
* You will work independently, while also building deep
relationships with patients, support systems, and care
* Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of
* Minimum of 12 months of RN experience
* Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle
insurance in state of residence.
* Associates Degree (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
from accredited school of nursing. Three year diploma from
accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing
* Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook.
* Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
* Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis, Home Hemodialysis
(HHD), or Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) nursing experience
* Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background
* Previous case management experience
* Familiarity with, or excitement to learn about telehealth
* Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN); Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN);
or Certified Peritoneal Dialysis Nurse (CPDN)
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates
to what matters most including comprehensive benefits; paid
training and the opportunity for a nursing career for a
DaVita is an equal opportunity employer - Vet and Disability. To
learn more about what this means click here.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second.
We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I
belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything
we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are
proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative
action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired,
assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin,
religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors,
including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and
experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a
competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match,
healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more
Keywords: DaVita, Tyler , Registered Nurse - Peritoneal (RN-PD) - Med Surg, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!