Chief Executive Officer UT Health East Texas Long-Term Acute Care & Rehabilitation Hospital
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: November 27, 2022
About UT Health East Texas: Representing the very best in
healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and
more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees
and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas
provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually
through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air
emergency fleet, and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of
a quarter-million people.
About UT Health East Texas Long-Term Acute Care & Rehabilitation
Hospital:UT Health East Texas Long-Term Acute Care (LTAC) provides
care for patients who have experienced catastrophic illness, or
injury or have medically complex cases. Our 36-bed facility,
located in UT Health Tyler, specializes in a variety of cases
ranging from ventilator weaning to physical therapy to wound
UT Health East Texas Rehabilitation Center provides a large network
of post-acute rehabilitation facilities to patients across the
region. Over the past 25 years, our care network has grown to
include a 48-bed inpatient hospital, 14 outpatient therapy clinics,
11 cardiopulmonary rehabilitation clinics, and nine Olympic fitness
centers. As part of the UT Health East Texas system, UT Health
Rehabilitation Center has access to some of the most advanced
therapy techniques and care available - including physical,
occupational, and speech therapies. We also offer cardiovascular
and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation - with our Tyler clinic boasting
the first Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation program in East Texas.
Here at UT Health Rehabilitation Center, you'll find a team of
caregivers dedicated to helping patients restore and maintain their
UTHET is a joint venture partnership between the University of
Texas and Ardent Health Services.
Organization Profile:Ardent Health Services, located in Nashville,
Tennessee, has earned a reputation as one of the industry's
strongest - and most innovative hospital operators. We are driven
by our purpose of caring for people: our patients, their families
and one another. Our facilities and clinics are consistently
recognized among healthcare's best employers. To support
operations, Ardent invested more than $1.4 billion since 2011 to
raise the standard of care in the communities we serve.
Additionally, Ardent has invested $220 million in Epic, towards
uniting our hospitals and clinics on a single information-sharing
platform to improve patient outcomes and increase efficient care
delivery. We recognize each hospital is as unique as the community
it serves. We strive to maintain strong community ties through
advisory boards, contributions, charitable care, education and
OUR PHILOSOPHY: Every action we take at AHS is built on three key
- Ardent recognizes that each hospital is as unique as the
community it serves.
- We believe in working with employees and physicians to improve
the quality of care, patient safety and customer service and we
measure all three continuously.
- We reinvest in our facilities - helping our hospitals expand
services, enhance technology and add new programs that fulfill
We believe it is this mix of corporate support and local autonomy
that equips our facilities for success.
OUR POSITION: We are currently recruiting for a dynamic leader to
join UT Health East Texas Long-Term Acute Care & Rehabilitation
Hospital as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Job Overview: The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) provides leadership
and directs the overall operation of the facility consistent with
the mission, values, and strategy of Ardent Health Services as well
as with the goals and objectives of the facility and its advisory
or governing body. The CEO plans, organizes, applies, directs,
controls, and evaluates all resources (human, facilities,
equipment, capital, fiscal, and others) invested in the facility.
The CEO uses all resources to generate measurable results to
benefit the corporation, the community, the facility, the medical
staff, and the patient.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates and executes a regional growth strategy for both
inpatient and outpatient services.
- Establishes effective and collaborative relationships to foster
- Ensures alignment of the hospital system goals and
- Builds and maintains a high-performing leadership
- Collaborates and builds community/statewide relationships and
business as well as other local providers and/or organizations to
identify high quality, high impact care models (how can we help
outlying hospitals to assist them and form strong relationships and
- Creates and sustains outreach programs to remote
- Develops organizational excellence by ensuring culture is
supportive of all process improvement.
- Collaborates with system peers.
- Continues to build and strengthen the newly established
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Residency Program.
- Shapes system-wide initiatives to reduce redundancies and
duplication of services, capital, personnel, etc.
- Capitalizes on sharing high-performing resources across the
system to promote high performance and system-wide
- Being a visible leader in the facility, the system, and the
- Places a high priority on effective identification and
selection processes for the hiring of talent, across the
- Sets clear direction with leaders/managers, and establish a
culture of accountability.
- Motivates develops and partners with direct reports to help
build their success.
- Develops short and long-range management and organization plan
to define responsibilities and business activities consistent with
facility goals and objectives.
- Implements Ardent Health Services' ethics and compliance
program throughout the organization.
- Ensures that policies are uniformly understood and consistently
interpreted and administered.
- Develops and maintains effective and collaborative
relationships with the medical staff, and ensures our ability to
meet the health needs of the community.
- Ensures that operational and financial reports are prepared as
required in regularly scheduled JV board meetings and
- Responsible for the facility's quality improvement and
organizational effectiveness programs.
- Ensure best practice, and evidence-based approaches to
consistently deliver exceptional, well-coordinated, and integrated
care that delivers high-level outcomes and patient
- A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in
Hospital Administration or Business Administration is
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in healthcare
- Excellent verbal, quantitative, managerial, and interpersonal
- Rehabilitation or Long-Term Acute Care experience, as
applicable, is required.
- Willingness to relocate to Tyler, Texas
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to effectively
communicate ideas, problems, and instructions (written and oral)
with corporate management staff, facility management staff, and
- Ability to analyze situations, evaluate data, recommend, and
implement courses of action that would improve the functioning of
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines, policies,
- Ability to use sound judgment in decision-making.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in an emergency
- Knowledge of strategic planning and short and long-range goal
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , Chief Executive Officer UT Health East Texas Long-Term Acute Care & Rehabilitation Hospital, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!