RN, Registered Nurse - After Hours Nurse Line - PRN
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Description Summary: The AHN RN provides professional
after-hours telephone triage nursing care for CHRISTUS patients
following established standards and practices; Is the primary
responder for management of triage telephone calls within the
defined scope of practice as established by the Texas Board of
Nursing. Services are provided for CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic and
CHRISTUS Physician Group patients. The Registered Nurse can provide
leadership in all situations, including emergencies, utilizing
concepts of critical thinking and creative problem solving to
ensure positive outcomes. The incumbent of this position can
delegate duties per scope of practice and during emergency
situations. Works collaboratively with providers to facilitate
quality care for the patient.
- Complete an initial telemedicine assessment; triage the call
based on assessment findings.
- Uses developed triage algorithms/protocols to guide the
assessment and interventions
- Document the assessment and management of the call into the
organizational electronic medical record (EPIC).
- Give telephone orders; accept and process telephone test
results; call in provider approved prescription refills.
- Collaborate and coordinate patient care with on call providers
as recommended per protocols. Requirements:
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred. Work Type: Per Diem
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , RN, Registered Nurse - After Hours Nurse Line - PRN, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!