Registered Nurse / RN ER
Company: UT Health Tyler
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Join UT Health East Texas as a Full Time, Rotating Shift, ER
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for delivery of patient care
through the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation. This position is responsible for
- Directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based
on established clinical nursing practice standards.
- Collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure
effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement
of desired patient outcomes.
- Contributing to the provision of quality nursing care through
performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive
outcomes in patient care.What You Will Be Doing:1. Deliver
individualized, goal-directed nursing care using a systematic
approach and according to standards of care, facility's code of
conduct compliance, and policy in collaboration with patients and
interdisciplinary healthcare team members:
- Collect patient's health data.
- Analyze assessment data in determining patient problems.
- Identify expected outcomes individualized to the patient.
- Develop a comprehensive plan of care that prescribes
interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement interventions identified in the plan of care.
- Evaluate patient's progress toward attainment of outcomes.
- Assist with the plan of care, evaluate, modify and coordinate
care and communicate well with other disciplines.
- Serve as a resource for learning needs of patients, significant
others, and families.
- Provide for the care of multiple patients and/or delegation of
care to other members of the healthcare team.
- Supervise nursing care provided by others for whom the RN is
administratively or professionally responsible.
- Delegate tasks to unlicensed personnel in compliance with the
Board of Nursing.
- Document relevant data according to hospital standards.
- Conduct discharge planning, assisting the patient/significant
others to obtain knowledge about illness, injury prevention, and
- Maintain confidentiality with all information.2. Systematically
evaluate quality and factors relating to safety, effectiveness, and
cost in planning and delivering patient care:
- Participate in quality of care activities such as the
implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the
hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to
position, education and practice environment.
- Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate
changes in practice.3. Implement Infection Control, Safety and Risk
Management Programs in all nursing practices.4. Demonstrate ability
to adapt to varied age-specific patient populations.5. Acquire and
maintain current knowledge in nursing practice, for example:
- Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in
a timely manner.
- Attend departmental meetings per policy.6. Contribute to
professional development of peers, colleagues and others, for
example. Recognize own learning needs and those of peers and
assists in meeting those needs to maximize professional development
and optimal medical/surgical nursing practice.7. Assume all other
duties and responsibilities as necessary:
- Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental
needs of unit and/or nursing department.
- Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling
needs of unit and/or hospital.
- Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
- Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of
patients is readily available and in working order.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:Education:
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school.Experience:
- Prefer 2 years of nursing experience in an acute care
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in
job environment appropriately.
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer
- Good organizational, problem-solving and follow-through
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes
quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions.
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given, and give
directions to others.
- Remain flexible, organized, professional and able to analyze,
make sound decisions under stressful or crisis situations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or
programs used in the organization.
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability. Certification and
- Completion of education to obtain Licensure as a Registered
- ACLS certification required
- BLS required
- PALS Certification (preferred but not required).
- Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and
- Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
- Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the
- Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be
- Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the
- Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working
relationships with others.
- Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver
- Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
- Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.Growth
- Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
- Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to
get there and why.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing
work on a computer
- Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
- Ability to move throughout the workplaceNow that you have read
about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time
to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.UT
Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).
Keywords: UT Health Tyler, Tyler , Registered Nurse / RN ER, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!