Ophthalmic Tech Lead - Health Park Plaza - Eye Care Center
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Description Summary The Lead Certified Ophthalmic Assistant will
be responsible for daily patient care and flow of pod activities.
Must be able to assist the Ophthalmologist in scribing, obtaining
medical records, performing preliminary eye function testing and
explaining to patients about medication or procedures. Position
requires a good understanding of general Ophthalmic practice and
patient care, however, knowledge of retina anatomy and diseases are
a plus. Must have the ability to assess common safety hazards and
take precautions to establish a safe work environment required.
Ability to communicate with patient, co-workers and supervisor is
critical. Must be willing to help in all areas and understand the
need for efficient use of time. Requirements
- High school diploma/GED; some college preferred
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA)
- Accurately perform: Refractions, Lensometry, Keratometry,
Tonometry, Visual Fields, OCT, Amslers, Muscle Testing, Pupil
- Previous experience or training in this or similar
- Ophthalmic Scribe Certification (OSC), Registered Ophthalmic
Ultrasound Biometrist (ROUB), Certified Diagnostic Ophthalmic
Sonographer (CDOS) and/or Ophthalmic Surgical Assisting (OSA) is
- Successful completion of JCAHPO Certified Ophthalmic Assistant
or Technician requirements.
- BLS (Must obtain at hire if not already acquired)
- Intermediate typing and computer skills
- Knowledge of basic office equipment.
- Strong understanding of ophthalmic anatomy and pharmacology.
Work Type: -Full Time
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , Ophthalmic Tech Lead - Health Park Plaza - Eye Care Center, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!