Speech Language Pathologist (Adult Care)
Company: At Home Healthcare
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Overview:Come work for a Home Health company that really does
"feel like family"! Home care is personal for us and we want
caring, qualified applicants to join our growing family.
- We will offer the perfect candidate:
- A Competitive Salary based on experience
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays equal to 16 days a year
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Life, Cancer and Supplemental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account Options
- 401(K) with % company matchJob SummaryA registered professional
who provides therapeutic techniques for the rehabilitation of
patients with speech, language, hearing, oral motor, swallowing and
cognitive disorders. Provides coordinated care to patients of all
age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans to
restore or maintain patient well-being. Participates in the
coordination of care.Responsibilities:Essential Functions
1. Performs ongoing clinical assessment, including OASIS
assessments at appropriate time points to identify patient needs
and determine level of functioning and appropriateness of patient
for home care.
2. Develops and evaluates the plan of care in partnership with the
patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s). Prepares and
completes clinical notes, phone orders and other clinical record
documentation on an ongoing basis and in a timely manner.
3. Analyzes patient needs and provides appropriate care that is
ordered by physician as indicated in the plan of care. Revises the
POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data.
4. Provides therapeutic treatments for speech, language, cognitive
and swallowing disorders with appropriate tests and measurements.
Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in
the plan of care.
5. Applies concepts of infection control and universal precautions
in coordinating or performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
6. Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education
and competence to care for patients. Provides supervision and
guidance to home health aides as appropriate.
7. Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care
and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the
current plan of care.
8. Uses effective interpersonal relations and communication skills;
facilitates the use of these skills by other team members to
achieve desirable outcomes.
9. Provides patient caregiver, and family counseling; provides
patient and caregiver education.
10. Meets mandatory continuing education requirements of the Agency
or licensing board.
11. Promotes the Agency philosophy and administrative policies.
12. Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
13. Participates in the Agency's QAPI program.
14. Participates in Agency-sponsored in-service training.
Education: Master's or Doctoral Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
from an accredited college or university
Licensure: Current State License in Speech-Language Pathology or if
licensure does not apply, meets the requirements listed in 42 CFR
-484.115(n), current Driver's License
Experience: One year experience in an acute care or rehabilitation
setting, or home health preferred.
Skills: Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards
of practice. Good interpersonal skills. Proof of current CPR.
Transportation: Reliable transportation, current Driver's License,
and valid and current auto liability insurance.
Keywords: At Home Healthcare, Tyler , Speech Language Pathologist (Adult Care), Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!