Physical Therapist Assistant, PRN - Apply Now!
Company: Continuum Rehab Group
Location: Sulphur Springs
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Continuum Rehab Group, an in-house rehab management company is
currently seeking talented, PRN Physical Therapist Assistants to
join our stellar therapy team at our SNF in Sulphur Springs,
Responsible for assisting Physical Therapist in helping patients
recover and rehabilitate from the effects of a serious illness,
injury or medical event, regaining their own best possible level of
functional ability, well-being and independence. Provides support
services to improve strength and function, restore more efficient
movement, improve flexibility and aid patients in restoring
mobility and/or improving balance and gait after hip fractures and
other orthopedic injuries, medical illness, or as they recover from
joint replacement procedures.
- Provide support care of residents who seek
short-term/transitional care with the goal to recover and
rehabilitate from the effects of serious illness, injury or medical
event, regaining their own best possible level of functional
ability, well-being and independence.
- Assist in providing appropriate aspects of quality patient
care, under the supervision of licensed therapists.
- Document all services provided to ensure accurate and timely
billing of therapy services.
- Assures that patient care follows the established Plan of Care,
the organization s guidelines, meets professional standards,
community needs and is in compliance with Federal and State
- Under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, identifies and
develops a comprehensive plan of care; Develops and implements
individualized therapy programs designed to restore, reinforce and
- Identify need for and makes referral to other disciplines to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient under the
supervision of a Physical Therapist.
- Assist in the instruction, education and training of patients
and caregivers in the skills and functions essential for promoting
patient independence and productivity, in order to diminish or
- Support personnel in accordance with state licensure
requirements and professional standards.
- Prepares for upcoming therapy sessions by organizing the
treatment locations based on the patient's needs.
- Cleans therapy area and set up any needed and necessary
- Watches the patient's development during therapy sessions and
make notes on how the patient is responding. Therapists and
physical therapy assistants use these notes and reports to evaluate
the usefulness and helpfulness of specific treatments for
- Evaluate a patient's condition, develop a treatment plan under
the supervision of a Physical Therapist; instruct the nursing staff
and the patient's families on follow-through programs that build on
the progress they've made.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and
other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges
daily to patient records.
- Performs age appropriate competency skills, as guided by a
Physical Therapist, in area of practice and with respect to
individual patients' problems.
- Follow intervention protocols and alter plan of care
- Discharge patient when goals have been met or medical necessity
is no longer warrants intervention as instructed by Physical
Therapist or Director of Rehabilitation.
- Works cooperatively with supervisors and peers to contribute to
the overall productivity of the team.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean
- Identifies problems and partners with supervisor to formulate
solutions to achieve prudent resource utilization and business
- Assist and supports in the preparations of rehabilitation
services for licensure certification surveys.
- Ensures adherence to OBRA and survey compliance for optimal
- Educates staff regarding Medicare regulations and oversees
adherence to all guidelines for optimal reimbursement.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or
assigned at any time with or without notice.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact:
Camla Sanders, COTA - Regional Manager
Continuum Rehab Group
Email: [email protected]
Keywords: Continuum Rehab Group, Tyler , Physical Therapist Assistant, PRN - Apply Now!, Healthcare , Sulphur Springs, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!