Clinic Patient Representative Senior - Rehab Clinic
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
DescriptionSummary:Greets, instructs, directs and schedules
patients and visitors. Serves as a liaison between patient and
medical support staff. May assist with various duties within the
clinic. Verifies insurance benefits and assist with referrals.
Collects payments and prepares cash for deposits.
- Financial: Responsible for determining, collecting and posting
co-pays and deductibles; for address prior balances and
establishing payment plans as directed by policy and procedure; for
directing patients to appropriate financial counselors as needed;
for ensuring accuracy in daily reconciliation/cash management
process for site/unit.
- Safety: Responsible for prevention of injury or harm to self;
for ensuring safe work environments for others.
- Policy Development: Assist Supervisor/Manager/Associate
Director/Director in determining clinic specific policies related
to front end operations.
- Decision Making: Decision will require knowledge and
understanding of system policies; assists leadership as
- Problem Solving: Reviews material to see if necessary
information is on hand and is accurate. Assist other employees
and/or patients with problems, as needed. Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience in a health care
- Ability to operate 10 key calculator by touch, telephone,
computer, copier, and fax machine
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and good math
- Knowledge of managed care preferred
- Some College preferred
- ICD9 and CPT coding (advanced skills) preferred
- Experience with charge posting or collections preferred Work
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , Clinic Patient Representative Senior - Rehab Clinic, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!