Dialysis RN - Christus Trinity Mother Frances Tyler
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
A Registered Professional Dialysis Nurse is responsible for the
delivery of patient care through the process of assessment,
diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. This position
participates in the development and implementation of
individualized and comprehensive plan of care for each patient,
provides direct and indirect care to patients as it relates to
their dialysis treatment, including pre- and post-assessments, and
administrations of medications during dialysis. In addition, the
Registered Professional Dialysis Nurse operates all dialysis
equipment and supplies in accordance with hospital and departmental
policy to provide expected patient outcome and documents in the
medical record accordingly.
- Demonstrates appropriate hand hygiene, use of PPE, and facility
hygiene including cleaning and disinfection of work surfaces and
equipment per hospital and departmental policies.
- Operates all available dialysis equipment and supplies based on
safety, effectiveness, and cost in accordance with hospital and
departmental policy to provide expected patient outcome; documents
in the medical record and records changes appropriately.
- Follows policy and procedure in performance of water treatment
procedures and testing; properly demonstrates electrolyte addition
to acid concentrate per physician order.
- Provides documented pre- and post-dialysis nursing assessments
that include, but are not limited to; patient weight and fluid
removal calculations, lung sounds and presence of edema, vital
signs and review of current labs, assessment and care of the
- Obtains pre- and post-dialysis lab specimens per physician
order and hospital/departmental policy.
- Initiates, monitors, and terminates each dialysis treatment per
departmental policy and procedure.
- Follows hospital and departmental policy and procedure in
response to dialysis-related complications, emergencies, and
- Follows hospital and departmental policy and procedure in the
administration of medications during dialysis.
- Participates in the development and implementation of an
individualized and comprehensive plan of care for each patient.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- RN License in state of employment or compact
Work Type: -
Keywords: Christus Health, Tyler , Dialysis RN - Christus Trinity Mother Frances Tyler, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!