Registered Respiratory Therapist, Quitman, PRN, Varies
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Respiratory
Therapist. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and
patient care skills in our Pulmonary department where you will be
What You Will Be Doing:
* Providing technical and clinical support of respiratory care
services throughout the hospital.
* Keeping current with new developments in the field of respiratory
* Evaluating and making recommendations for services.
* Attempting to maintain a high level of didactic and psychomotor
skills in order to perform assigned duties.
* Demonstrating proficiency in providing respiratory care services
to include but not limited to the following modalities: invasive
and non-invasive ventilatory care, aerosolized medication delivery
systems, breathing exercises, oxygen delivery (set-up and
maintenance) devices, postural drainage, pulse oximetry and bedside
pulmonary function testing.
* Maintaining high standards of professionalism.
* Attends appropriate in-service in education both departmental and
* Always practices and promotes good public relations.
* This position requires the ability to follow directions, maintain
confidentiality, trustworthiness, orderliness, accuracy, punctual
attendance during stated working hours, and the ability to interact
with co-workers, customers and visitors in a professional
So what experience are we looking for in our Respiratory
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Successful completion of an accredited JRCRTE respiratory care
* Individual should be comfortable providing care to infant,
pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients
* Outstanding customer service skills and desire to actively
display those skills to create great connections with our
customers, both external (guests) and internal (other team members
and product lines)
* Intermediate knowledge of personal computer skills and comfort
with Microsoft Windows operating system; database and word
processing skills required
* Intermediate knowledge of medical terminology
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Active listening skills
* Ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM corrected of errors
* Ability to operate office equipment effectively
* Organizational skills required with the ability to multitask and
handle heavy volume of patient flow.
* Ability to work well with others
* Strong interpersonal communication and documentation skills
* Ability to work as a team player
* Good problem solving skills
* Strong time management skills
* Ability to think strategically and act tactically
* Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
* Ability to embrace the client relationship to guide decisions and
* Demonstrates good team work abilities
Certification and Licensure:
* Active certification with the state of Texas upon hire only.
Recertification upon expiration preferred
* Current BLS
* Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
* Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
* Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the
* Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the
* Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the
* Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working
relationships with others.
* Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver
* Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
* Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.
* Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
* Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get
there and why.
* Ability to sit for long periods of time while completing work on
* Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
* Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience
we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Quitman, PRN, Varies, Healthcare , Quitman, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!