Charge RN, Med Surg Jacksonville, Full Time, 7p-7a
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Jacksonville, TX is a small town with a huge heart where
you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody
is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
* Coordinates and administers care to a unit specific patient
population utilizing a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to
ensure that each patient receives nursing care appropriate to
his/her illness or condition. Provides clinical supervision to the
clinical, professional, and auxiliary staff to ensure the
continuous delivery of quality patient care. Works cooperatively
with appropriate medical staff to ensure accomplishment of hospital
and departmental goals. Manages departmental activities in
accordance with hospital and departmental policy and ensures that
care is delivered consistent with physician's orders and treatment
protocols. Oversees the implementation of a plan of care
appropriate to each patient's needs.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
* Maximizes the effectiveness of nursing staff on the assigned
shift by ensuring that patient care assignments are made in
accordance with established standards and are appropriate to each
patient's nursing care needs.
* Serves as a resource nurse for staff and makes accurate decisions
in complex and dynamic clinical situations.
* Demonstrates and maintains clinical skills proficiency in all
required unit specific nursing skills including the use of
equipment. Assists in the orientation, training, and evaluation of
the nursing unit's personnel.
* Evaluates the patient's progress toward desired outcomes and
assists the patient and family in preparing for discharge.
* Participates in quality improvement activities and educational
activities including attendance of at least 85% of the unit's staff
meetings (10 out of 12) or other assigned meetings
* Completes daily departmental check-list and makes
* Makes consistent and routine rounds on the unit assigned each
shift talking with patients and patient's family ensuring that
their needs/concerns have been addressed.
* Makes routine rounds on the assigned unit to develop and maintain
communication with staff addressing their needs or concerns for
* Ensures that all work areas are clean and free of food, drinks,
* Ensures that all equipment is maintained and available in the
* Assists the Nurse Educators in maintaining staff
* Assists the Management Team in tasks that may be assigned to
* Supervises Clinical/Nursing staff assigned to his/her shift.
* Degree as a Registered Nurse from an accredited school of
* Two years of inpatient/acute care nursing experience
* One year of charge nurse experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE:
* Current Texas RN license required
* Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) required
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of
* Advanced Certification as applicable to the unit/department
assigned (preferred within one year of accepting charge nurse
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , Charge RN, Med Surg Jacksonville, Full Time, 7p-7a, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!