Clinical RN Educator, Tyler, PRN, Varies
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in
Why UT Health - East Texas
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Nurse Educator. We are
looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in
our Healthy Connections Department where you will be responsible
Summary: The Pre-Admission nurse is a Registered Nurse responsible
for gathering data and information to assist scheduled patients
with pre-admission screening, planning and teaching, that optimizes
a safe surgical experience.
What You Will Be Doing:
* To utilize specialized nursing knowledge and discriminatve
judgement while giving indirect and direct patient care.
* Facilitates pre-admission assessment and obtains; patient health
history (health status, health systems, current medications,
allergies, labs, EKG, X-ray), verifies and clarifies
* Screens patient co-morbidities and other conditions that increase
the risk for surgery and refers such cases to Hospitalist Provider
for review and evaluation for the risks of anesthesia, relative to
the procedure to be performed.
* Discusses high risk patients with physician as appropriate.
* Assures H&P is comprehensive and dated within 30 days of
* Reviews results of H&P (i.e. allergies, lab, x-ray, EKG) and
notifies physician of any abnormal results.
* Provides patient with pre-surgical information and instructions
by explaining; (but not limited to) facility admission policies,
date of admission, NPO requirements, pre-operative medication
* Coordinates with physician office to discuss any patient
cancellations or additions to the schedule.
* Must be a superior communicator, have excellent customer service
skills, be enthusiastic, and display a high degree of
* Reports to work in a timely manner and maintains good attendance
* Train, motivate, and provide leadership for employees.
* Shows flexibility in accommodating schedule changes, i.e. working
late or early, changing work days, etc.
* Utilizes time effectively.
* Organizes work effectively and appropriately to finish in a
timely manner, and demonstrates the ability to produce results.
* Provides basic patient/family instruction and healthcare
* Assists the physicians and/or nurses in obtaining patient
information from outside the facilities.
* Research and enter data into medical documents for provider
* Enters procedure results from physicians/facilities into the
electronic health record.
* Facilitate referrals for appropriate health information and
services as recommended in the patient's health care plans.
* Respects and supports patients' rights.
* Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information at
* This position will have internal and external contact with
employees, management, specialist offices, etc. and patients and
their family members. This position will require you to be able to
clearly and effectively express ideas and thoughts (verbally and in
writing) and listen actively.
* Will maintain a cooperative relationship among health care teams
by communicating information; responding to requests, building
rapport, and participating in team problem-solving methods.
* Other duties as assigned.
So what experience are we looking for in our Nurse Educator?
* Completion of an approved Certificate of Nursing Program
* Two years' clinical experience preferred
* EMR experience
* Excel knowledge
* Knowledge of quality programs is a plus
* Ability to operate standard office equipment and medical
* Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
* Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the
* Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the
* Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the
* Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working
relationships with others.
* Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver
* Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
* Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.
* Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
* Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get
there and why.
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience
we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , Clinical RN Educator, Tyler, PRN, Varies, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!