RN, Charge, Pediatrics, Tyler, Full-time, Days
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
The nurse manager will promote the mission and values of the
organization and be an active advocate of providing quality patient
care, excellent customer service and efficient health care. As a
member of the management team, the nurse manager will be involved
in system planning, budgeting, manpower planning and program
development in order to deliver efficient, effective and quality
What You Will Be Doing:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Manages and coordinates the operational activities of the
* Administers personnel actions - recruits skilled staff; ensures
adequate levels of people resources to meet business needs and
financial parameters; coaches, counsels and disciplines employees;
plans, monitors and appraises job results; develops staff by
providing information, educational and growth opportunities.
* Develops and interprets hospital and nursing division's
philosophies and standards of care; enforces adherence to
regulatory requirements; measures health outcomes against
standards; makes and/or recommends adjustments. Maintains the
stability and reputation of the unit(s) by ensuring compliance with
* Establishes and maintains communication between ancillary
departments, physicians, nursing personnel and other healthcare
* Develops and directs the implementation of policies and
procedures within assigned units; and recommends and/or
participates in the development of policies and procedures as
applicable. Interprets policies and objectives of nursing services
to staff and health center community.
* Determines fiscal requirements and prepares budgetary
recommendations; monitors costs and expenditures of unit activities
and authorizes expenditures as appropriate. Manages unit costs in a
fiscally responsible manner. Assists in the selection, provision
and control of material resources required for the performance of
the unit such as, equipment, supplies, space and facilities;
establishes standards to ensure cost containment and to optimize
* Develops, implements and evaluates performance improvement plans
in response to opportunities in patient care areas, and assured
patient safety outcomes.
* Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional
support to employees, patients, friends and families.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending
educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and
participating in professional societies.
* If applicable provide supervision responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
* Bachelor's in Nursing from an accredited school required.
Effective 9/1/19 if applicant does not have a BSN - must be
enrolled in accredited BSN program with scheduled date of
* Minimum of 3-5 years' clinical nursing experience in area of
Certification and Licensure:
* Current RN license or current license deemed acceptable by the
applicable State Board of Nursing.
* Maintains current BLS
(Add facility/unit specific certifications)
* Requires strong verbal and written communication and
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of nursing and
* Demonstrated ability to make sound clinical assessments and
institute safe and efficacious care within the structure of a
collaborative health team.
* Considerable knowledge of requirements by federal, state or
* Considerable knowledge of effective workforce utilization.
* Knowledge of general financial management
* Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
* Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the
* Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the
* Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the
* Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working
relationships with others.
* Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver
* Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
* Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.
* Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
* Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get
there and why.
Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs, position patients and possess
physical strength sufficient to assist in lifting/transferring
patients and moving departmental equipment.
* Must possess digital dexterity.
* Must have keen sense of touch, smell, vision, and hearing.
* Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
* Exposure to communicable diseases and biohazardous materials,
danger of infection from contaminated materials, falls on slippery
floors; possibility of injury from moving heavy equipment or
* OSHA category I position. Body substance isolation must be
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , RN, Charge, Pediatrics, Tyler, Full-time, Days, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!