RN, Charge Nurse, Neuro ICU, Full Time, 7A-7P
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Jacksonville, TX is a small town with a huge heart where
you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody
is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Coordinates and administers care to a unit specific patient
population utilizing a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to
ensure that each patient receives nursing care appropriate to
his/her illness or condition. Provides clinical supervision to the
clinical, professional, and auxiliary staff to ensure the
continuous delivery of quality patient care. Works cooperatively
with appropriate medical staff to ensure accomplishment of hospital
and departmental goals. Manages departmental activities in
accordance with hospital and departmental policy and ensures that
care is delivered consistent with physician's orders and treatment
protocols. Oversees the implementation of a plan of care
appropriate to each patient's needs.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
* Maximizes the effectiveness of nursing staff on the assigned
shift by ensuring that patient care assignments are made in
accordance with established standards and are appropriate to each
patient's nursing care needs.
* Serves as a resource nurse for staff and makes accurate decisions
in complex and dynamic clinical situations.
* Demonstrates and maintains clinical skills proficiency in all
required unit specific nursing skills including the use of
equipment. Assists in the orientation, training, and evaluation of
the nursing unit's personnel.
* Evaluates the patient's progress toward desired outcomes and
assists the patient and family in preparing for discharge.
* Participates in quality improvement activities and educational
activities including attendance of at least 85% of the unit's staff
meetings (10 out of 12) or other assigned meetings.
* Completes daily departmental check-list and makes
* Makes consistent and routine rounds on the unit assigned each
shift talking with patients and patient's family ensuring that
their needs/concerns have been addressed. Ensures that all work
areas are clean and free of food, drinks and trash.
* Ensures that all equipment is maintained and available in the
* Assists the Nurse Educators in maintaining staff
* Assists the Management Team in tasks that may be assigned to
* Supervises Clinical/Nursing staff assigned to his/her shift
Systematically evaluate quality and factors relating to safety,
effectiveness, and cost in planning and delivering patient
* Participate in quality of care activities such as the
implementation of a continuous quality improvement plan and the
hospital wide performance improvement process, as appropriate to
position, education and practice environment.
* Utilize results of quality of care activities to initiate changes
Implement Infection Control, Safety and Risk Management Programs in
all nursing practices.
Demonstrate ability to adapt to varied age-specific patient
Acquire and maintain current knowledge in nursing practice, for
* Complete mandatory annual Learning Management System modules in a
* Attend departmental meetings per policy.
Contribute to professional development of peers, colleagues and
others, for example. Recognize own learning needs and those of
peers and assists in meeting those needs to maximize professional
development and optimal medical/surgical nursing practice.
Assume all other duties and responsibilities as necessary:
* Identify and/or assume activities related to developmental needs
of unit and/or nursing department.
* Demonstrate dependability/flexibility in meeting scheduling needs
of unit and/or hospital.
* Accept assignment as preceptor for new staff.
* Assure supplies and equipment necessary for the care of patients
is readily available and in working order.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
* Degree as a Registered Nurse from an accredited school of
* Two years of inpatient/acute care nursing experience
* One Year of Charge Nurse experience preferred
Certification and Licensure:
* Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
* Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the
* Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the
* Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the
* Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working
relationships with others.
* Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver
* Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
* Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.
* Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
* Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get
there and why.
* Ability to sit/stand for long periods of time while completing
work on a computer
* Ability to lift 10 or more pounds
* Ability to move throughout the workplace
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the
experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in
the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , RN, Charge Nurse, Neuro ICU, Full Time, 7A-7P, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!