Radiology Technician, Full Time, Days
Company: UT Health Tyler
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in
Why UT Health East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, TX is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Operates radiologic equipment to produce radiographs (X- rays) of
body for diagnostic purposes, as directed by Radiologist. Positions
patient on examining table and adjusts immobilization devices to
obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by
physician. Move x-ray equipment into specified position and adjusts
equipment controls to set exposure factors, such as time and
distance, based on knowledge of radiographic exposure techniques
and protocols. Practice radiation protection techniques, using beam
restrictive devices, patient shielding skills, and knowledge of
applicable exposure factors, to minimize radiation to patient and
staff. Operates mobile X-ray equipment in operating room, emergency
room, or at patient's bedside.
DUTIES, ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs diagnostic, interventional, and/or therapeutic
procedures for patients of all ages (neonatal, pediatric,
adolescent, adult and geriatric) in a manner that ensures an
accurate and complete examination/treatment by complying with
established policies and procedures.
* Organizes and documents all aspects of assigned patient care in
coordination with radiologists, nursing personnel, and other areas
of department to ensure accurate and timely performance of
* Participates in performance improvement activities by
participating in the collection of data for performance improvement
activities to ensure quality is consistent with established
* Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development by
participating in educational activities to promote continuous
improvement and compliance with patient care standards.
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Graduate of an approved Radiologic Technology school
* Experience with different insurances.
* A minimum of 1 years' recent experience in a clinic or healthcare
* One year of customer service experience
* Strong computer skills, Excel, and Word
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Active listening skills
* Good problem solving skills
* Patient record documentation skills
* Strong time management skills
* Ability to think strategically and act tactically
* Ability to handle multiple tasks at the same time
* Ability to embrace the client relationship to guide decisions and
* Demonstrates good team work
Certification and Licensure:
* Registered by the ARRT or registry eligible
* Should be licensed with the Texas Department of Health according
* Comply with regulatory requirements, guidelines, and policies
* Patient Centered Customer Service: Genuinely care about
* Cultivate a compassionate environment: Changing lives for the
* Clinical and Operational Excellence: A relentless drive to be the
* Holistic Approach: Think and act for the benefit of the
* Promote a collaborative environment: Build effective working
relationships with others.
* Identify and Develop Talent: Prepare others to deliver
* Business Acumen: Know, own and drive our business.
* Continually Simplify and Improve: Work to make everything as
efficient as possible.
* Foster Innovation: Seek and apply leading edge solutions.
* Set Clear Direction: Tell others where you are going, how to get
there and why.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the
experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in
the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class..
Keywords: UT Health Tyler, Tyler , Radiology Technician, Full Time, Days, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!