Coding Specialist Medical Risk Adjuster, Tyler, Full Time, 8am - 4:30pm
Company: UT Health East
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a
massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We
work closely together to create a positive experience for our
patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide
meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will
have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's
life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you
will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is
comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east
Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Tyler hospital is seeking an experienced Coding
Specialist. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and
patient care skills in our Central Business Office where you will
be responsible for:
What You Will Be Doing:
- The coder will bring to the table proven experience in inpatient
and outpatient acute care coding in order to achieve appropriate
and timely reimbursement and data integrity.
- The coding specialist must ensure accurate and compliant
application of correct coding principles for hospital services and
participate in any acute care coding-related projects.
- Assigning ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes for all types of acute
and inpatient and outpatient cases.
- Assigning CPT codes on outpatient cases.
- Generating physician queries, as needed, in order to improve
- Works closely with the CDI and Health Information Integrity (HII)
teams in order to capture the most accurate coding, severity of
illness, and risk of mortality.
- Maintains at least a 95% accuracy rate.
- Maintains average to high productivity based on UT Health Coding
- Accurate abstracting of facility required data in the electronic
- Working applicable edits if needed.
- Verify that medical necessity policies are met via coding and
- Communication of issues to the Coding Manager, as
- Thorough understanding of ICD-10-CM/PCS Official Coding
Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and AHA Coding Clinic.
- Thorough understanding of Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment
System (IPPS), Medicare Severity-Diagnosis Related Groups
(MS-DRGs), APR-DRG's, and Outpatient Prospective Payment System
- Understanding of coding resources and tools.
- Maintains continuing education (CE) requirements per UT Health
So what experience are we looking for in our Coding
- Successful completion of a Medical Terminology, Anatomy and
Physiology, and Pharmacology course.
- Coding/HIM certification required (e.g. RHIA, RHIT, CCS,
- Minimum of 3 years coding/abstracting experience in inpatient and
- Experience with 3M, AS400, Cerner Soarian/OneChart a plus.
- Computer and software skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Leadership skills.
Now that you read about what you will be doing and the experience
we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including
veterans and persons with disabilities).
Keywords: UT Health East, Tyler , Coding Specialist Medical Risk Adjuster, Tyler, Full Time, 8am - 4:30pm, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!