Nurse Educator RN, Full-time
Company: UT Health East Texas
Posted on: May 11, 2020
Details: Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of
Healthcare is in East Texas Why UT Health - East Texas Our People.
Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive
difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work
closely together to create a positive experience for our patients
and each other. Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and
provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future.
You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in
someone's life and change the course of healthcare. Our Place.
Tyler, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have
the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody
here. Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East
Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across
east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed
in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services
to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics,
Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a
metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people. Our Tyler
hospital is seeking an experienced Nurse Educator. We are looking
for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our
Healthy Connections Department where you will be responsible for:
Summary: The Pre-Admission nurse is a Registered Nurse responsible
for gathering data and information to assist scheduled patients
with pre-admission screening, planning and teaching, that optimizes
a safe surgical experience. What You Will Be Doing:
- To utilize specialized nursing knowledge and discriminatve
judgement while giving indirect and direct patient care.
- Facilitates pre-admission assessment and obtains; patient
health history (health status, health systems, current medications,
allergies, labs, EKG, X-ray), verifies and clarifies
- Screens patient co-morbidities and other conditions that
increase the risk for surgery and refers such cases to Hospitalist
Provider for review and evaluation for the risks of anesthesia,
relative to the procedure to be performed.
- Discusses high risk patients with physician as
- Assures H&P is comprehensive and dated within 30 days of
- Reviews results of H&P (ie allergies, lab, x-ray, EKG) and
notifies physician of any abnormal results.
- Provides patient with pre-surgical information and instructions
by explaining; (but not limited to) facility admission policies,
date of admission, NPO requirements, pre-operative medication
- Coordinates with physician office to discuss any patient
cancellations or additions to the schedule.
- Must be a superior communicator, have excellent customer
service skills, be enthusiastic, and display a high degree of
- Reports to work in a timely manner and maintains good
- Train, motivate, and provide leadership for employees.
- Shows flexibility in accommodating schedule changes, ie working
late or early, changing work days, etc.
- Utilizes time effectively.
- Organizes work effectively and appropriately to finish in a
timely manner, and demonstrates the ability to produce
- Provides basic patient/family instruction and healthcare
- Assists the physicians and/or nurses in obtaining patient
information from outside the facilities.
- Research and enter data into medical documents for provider
- Enters procedure results from physicians/facilities into the
electronic health record.
- Facilitate referrals for appropriate health information and
services as recommended in the patient's health care plans.
- Respects and supports patients' rights.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information at
- This position will have internal and external contact with
employees, management, specialist offices, etc. and patients and
their family members. This position will require you to be able to
clearly and effectively express ideas and thoughts (verbally and in
writing) and listen actively.
- Will maintain a cooperative relationship among health care
teams by communicating information; responding to requests,
building rapport, and participating in team problem-solving
- Other duties as assigned. Details: So what experience are we
looking for in our Nurse Educator?
- Completion of an approved Certificate of Nursing Program
- Two years' clinical experience preferred
- EMR experience
- Excel knowledge
- Knowledge of quality programs is a plus
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and medical
equipment Now that you read about what you will be doing and the
experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in
the lives of our patients. UT Health East Texas is an equal
opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with
Keywords: UT Health East Texas, Tyler , Nurse Educator RN, Full-time, Healthcare , Tyler, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!